The OFFICIAL "Your guy" vs. "NOT your guy" Thread

MWil23

It's that time of year again gentlemen. We're after the combine, soon to be after Pro Days, and it's time for you to hitch your wagon to your favorite prospect.

Conversely, it's also time to go on record with the opposite...guys who you hope under no circumstances we draft.

No more Captain Hindsight. This will serve as official documentation for anyone who says otherwise forever.

Mine, posted in pre-2005 GIF Form:

Sam Darnold:

giphy.gif

Denzel Ward:

giphy.gif

Barkley:

orig

Baker Mayfield:

Image result for angry gif

Josh Allen:

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Trading the #1 Pick:

giphy.gif

QBs:
Love - Mayfield, Rosen
Hate - Allen

Other:
Love - Maurice Hurst, Harold Landry, D.J. Moore
Hate - Connor Williams (as a T), Marcus Davenport (as a top 15 pick), Calvin Ridley (as a #1 WR)

Here we go:

My guys: (1 -4) Darnold, Barkley, Chubb, (Anything after 12  ) McGlinchey, Davenport, Sutton, Ward, (2nd rounders) Huges, Davis, Oliver, K Miller, Dj Moore, Guice, Kirk. (Mid to late rounds) Josey Jewell, Fumagalli

Not My Guys: Baker "Tiny Dancer" Mayfield, ummmm.... Yeah mostly just him. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

My Guys - Stand On the Table - Certain Stars

1. Dane Cruikshank, FS Arizona: Has it all...Ball Skills, Forceful and Aggressive Tackler, Plays with Tremendous Competitive Fire, has CB movement Skills and Range ability in the Passing Game...will be a star on the next level if given the opportunity

2. Mike Hughes,CB UCF: Great Feet, Instincts, Competitive Fire, Great Tackler, Exceptional On-field leader, Attack the ball in the Air

3. DJ Moore, WR Maryland: Explosive, Attacks the ball in the Air, Runs precise routes, Gets separation easily, Competes in the Blocking, Will Be a Pro Bowler

4. Sam Darnold, QB USC: Most Natural QB in terms of Instincts and Feel for the Game, Unfazed by pressure and the big moment, Pinpoint accurate under duress, Intangibles off the charts.

---------------------------------------

Hell Nah...Prospects I Haven't Like Since the Very Beginning After Watching Their Film:

1. Orlando Brown, OT Oklahoma - If it wasn't for Oklahoma's quick pass game his sack numbers would've been insane...he constantly gets beat, has bad feet, and poor balance.

2. Donte Jackson, CB LSU - No Competitive fire, no physicality, no instincts, no technique, won't tackle, Tremendous Athlete

-------------------------------------------------------

MEH...Overrated Prospects Who a lot of People Love that Have Serious Deficiencies in their Film:

1. Dante Pettis, WR Washingon: Route running prowess is overrated, doesn't get separation in a way that translates to the next level, doesnt attach the ball

2. Isaiah Oliver, CB Colorado: Has bad hips and has a problem smoothly flipping hips to recover to quick movement, can't find the ball

3. Marcus Davenport, DE UTSA: Plays with no leverage or technique, Motor and Competitive Fire are inconsistent

----------------------------------------------------

They did what??...Great Talent, but Maturity or Character Concerns:

1. Carlton Davis, CB Auburn: Maturity and Commitment issues, but has CB1, all pro raw ability.

2. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma: Emotionally Immature and has poor Self Control and Regulation of Emotions, Responds to Online Criticisms from Media incessantly, Great Quarterbacking ability, has top 12 QB raw ability

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

2. Mike Hughes,CB UCF: Great Feet, Instincts, Competitive Fire, Great Tackler, Exceptional On-field leader, Attack the ball in the Air

The more I watch of him the more I’m starting to like him. 

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Love: Darnold and a trade down from 4.

Hate: Anything else. What can I say? I want what I want.

You could have added: And what I want makes sense.

Oh, but I just did for you!

I love me some Darnold, unless Allen blows everybody away at his pro day after spending 2 months working out with a pro type QB coach. If he shows significant improvement, I can see us taking him if Dorsey feels the improvement in technique has made him far more accurate, So, yes, I am hedging my bets a bit!!!

I am all for a trade back at #4, but with Denver not Buffalo, Denver has a QB who produced in the dome and they have to be wondering how he will perform outdoors and if Dorsey holds Buffalo over their heads, maybe we get the 5th pick plus their 2nd rounder and stay in the top 5 and still get who we wanted all along plus a high 2nd rounder. At #5 we draft Barkley and possibly set up our offense for years to come. Besides, Barkley caqn carry our offense while Darnold is still learning to be a franchise QB!!!

The trade chart says Buffalo only has to pay us their #12 pick plus a 2nd and 3rd rounder and I seriously doubt they pay more for the #4 QB in the draft!!!

Archived