Packerraymond Fixing the Packers Mock V2

Packerraymond

Can't say much about the rest of the draft because I don't know.

But as a graduate of CU - with involvement in their program, I will say Oliver is the best CB they have had, and they have been an OT, and CB factory recently. 

I doubt he gets picked that high, but I love this dude. So hungry, football - 24/7 all the time. 

Everyone hating on this kid, just watch out.

At the same time, may be able to get him in round 2 

I'm not a Tramon Williams believer.  Up until last year his career has looked to be all but over since leaving Green Bay.  

Last year the vast majority of his success was in off man coverage.  I'm not convinced he'll be able to play the press coverage required in the new scheme.  He's been beaten like a drum when he's been required to get up on the WR (even his last year in GB).

17 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Can't say much about the rest of the draft because I don't know.

But as a graduate of CU - with involvement in their program, I will say Oliver is the best CB they have had, and they have been an OT, and CB factory recently. 

I doubt he gets picked that high, but I love this dude. So hungry, football - 24/7 all the time. 

Everyone hating on this kid, just watch out.

At the same time, may be able to get him in round 2 

I don't mind the idea of adding Oliver but I don't like him as much as either Awuzie or Witherspoon (I'm splitting hairs).

I  thought both were better players in college and both are better athletes.  Not taking anything from Oliver because those 2 were beasts.  Awuzie was a great all around player that was a lot of fun to watch.  Witherspoon had the sort of size and athleticism combo that we hope makes Kevin King special.  Dude had was among the leaders in the country in pass break ups and had something like a 25% completion percentage when thrown against.  I personally feel that he's gonna be a better pro than King.

26 minutes ago, SSG said:

I'm not a Tramon Williams believer.  Up until last year his career has looked to be all but over since leaving Green Bay.  

Last year the vast majority of his success was in off man coverage.  I'm not convinced he'll be able to play the press coverage required in the new scheme.  He's been beaten like a drum when he's been required to get up on the WR (even his last year in GB).

I tend to agree with this assessment of Tramon. Cant say I took in a whole bunch of his post GreenBay stuff - but I thought we were right to move on from him when we did as he'd lost the step necessary to play tight coverage.

Archived