Orlando Scandrick a Redskin

Eric

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22835916/washington-redskins-add-ex-dallas-cowboys-cb-orlando-scandrick 

With Washington, Scandrick will compete to start outside opposite Josh Norman. The Redskins had been in talks with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but his price tag was too high for them. 

The Redskins wanted a veteran presence at the position while hoping last year's third-round pick, Fabian Moreau, develops; he played 58 snaps last season. The Redskins also have Quinton Dunbar, who will challenge outside as well. Scandrick also likely would play inside versus slot receivers when needed.

Injuries took their toll on Scandrick in recent years, with the most severe a knee injury that cost him the 2015 season. He also dealt with a back injury last season, and the Cowboys filled his void with younger players such as rookies Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis at outside cornerback, and safety Xavier Woods in the slot.

Scandrick joined the Cowboys as a fifth-round pick in 2008 and outperformed their first-round pick from that year, Mike Jenkins. He served as a slot corner his first five years, becoming one of the best interior defenders in the league. He moved into a full starting role in 2013.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think they told him that just to get him to sign the contract.  He’s going to be a slot or dime guy only imo.

I thought we resigned Dunny and let Breeland walk because we were high on Dunny on the outside. I would start him there and let Scandrick battle with Moreau for the slot. (Ultimately seeing Scandrick beating Moreau this year)

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I thought we resigned Dunny and let Breeland walk because we were high on Dunny on the outside. I would start him there and let Scandrick battle with Moreau for the slot. (Ultimately seeing Scandrick beating Moreau this year)

I see Moreau as the #2 with Dunbar as depth, and Scandrick in the slot.  Give Holsey a shot to compete for the slot.  I don’t see Moreau as a slot CB at all.

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Guys like Scandrick and Hankins I believe won’t hurt us with the comp picks bc they were released

grant and Compton will net us anywher from a 5th and 7th, 5th and 6th,two 6ths, or 6th and 7th

Both Grant and Compton will net us nothing until they sign somewhere. 

Honestly, between DRC, Scandrick, and Breeland, I would have just brought Bree back once his contract was voided due to the physical.

Why go for a 31 year old corner who has missed 27 starts over the past three years or a soon-to-be 32 year old corner (April 7) who the Giants, with all of their secondary woes, cut over a younger, healthier (foot injury notwithstanding) guy who knows the system you run here?

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Honestly, between DRC, Scandrick, and Breeland, I would have just brought Bree back once his contract was voided due to the physical.

Why go for a 31 year old corner who has missed 27 starts over the past three years or a soon-to-be 32 year old corner (April 7) who the Giants, with all of their secondary woes, cut over a younger, healthier (foot injury notwithstanding) guy who knows the system you run here?

Because Scandrick has slot experience, Breeland sucked there and DRC was too expensive.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Because Scandrick has slot experience, Breeland sucked there and DRC was too expensive.  

Yes, but you could put Breeland back outside and move/leave Moreau to the slot.

Archived