This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

On 5/10/2019 at 12:24 PM, BayRaider said:

GoT has been trash this season... seems like they are going for a predictable ending of Jon kills Danny too. These guys are great directors but once they ran out of book material and has to write themselves... yikes. 

Agreed.  Dumb episode after dumb episode this season.  They are long, but predictable and not very imaginative.  Unless Cersei somehow survives the building crashing on her, that was the least exciting death of all time on that show.

• Like 1

Jon ain’t killing Dany. I think it will be the other way around. Dany Kills Jon and Arya kills Dany. Sansa sits on the throne.

I actually enjoyed season 8 so far. Loved how Dany turned into the mad queen. A lot of it feels rushed but so did season 7 and that’s what happens when the seasons are shortened. 

No matter what they did they weren’t gonna make everyone happy. I hope I’m wrong and Jon doesn’t die, but I see it playing out that way. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Jon ain’t killing Dany. I think it will be the other way around. Dany Kills Jon and Arya kills Dany. Sansa sits on the throne.

I actually enjoyed season 8 so far. Loved how Dany turned into the mad queen. A lot of it feels rushed but so did season 7 and that’s what happens when the seasons are shortened. 

No matter what they did they weren’t gonna make everyone happy. I hope I’m wrong and Jon doesn’t die, but I see it playing out that way. 

The problem is Danny being Mad Queen doesn’t feel genuine what so ever. If you’re gonna make that believable you’re gonna have to do a lot better than some angry bold sentences about burning stuff and killing military leaders who won’t surrender. 

It doesn’t fit her character development at all and it feels totally fake.

I’m all for Danny as Mad Queen, just sloppy execution. In the books I’m sure it’ll be done much much better. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The problem is Danny being Mad Queen doesn’t feel genuine what so ever. If you’re gonna make that believable you’re gonna have to do a lot better than some angry bold sentences about burning stuff and killing military leaders who won’t surrender. 

It doesn’t fit her character development at all and it feels totally fake.

I’m all for Danny as Mad Queen, just sloppy execution. In the books I’m sure it’ll be done much much better. 

Agreed, Weak AF how little they developed it. There were some very subtle hints over time. But not nearly enough. Should have had more time between Rhaegal and Missandei's demises and the battle to really show her becoming unhinged. Idk which is worse between GoT's ending and Dexter's. Guess next week will tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJ Raider said:

I took dany in my thrones fantasy draft. Would be great to see her take the throne for that reason, but I don’t see it happening. Who knows?

She’s a -1200 favorite to die in Episode 6 according to Vegas. That’s like the a JaMarcus led Raiders facing the Pats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

It can’t possibly be as bad as dexter’s ending. That was awful.

I think my vote goes to GoT. Mostly because of higher expectations. Dexter, while it is great at its best, definitely had a few mediocre to bad seasons. GoT was good or better every season, except 7 which was only ok in my book.

9 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

It can’t possibly be as bad as dexter’s ending. That was awful.

Dexter was the product of greed. Should have climaxed and ended in season 5, but it was printing money so they stretched it for 8 seasons. I hate that TV does this with good shows. Why I always respect Breaking Bad for telling story and ending it on their terms. 

GOT, I've watched the first 3 eps 3 times, can never get into it. Heard it's great from literally everyone 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Dexter was the product of greed. Should have climaxed and ended in season 5, but it was printing money so they stretched it for 8 seasons. I hate that TV does this with good shows. Why I always respect Breaking Bad for telling story and ending it on their terms. 

GOT, I've watched the first 3 eps 3 times, can never get into it. Heard it's great from literally everyone 

GoT certainly isn’t for everyone especially the first 3 seasons which focuses on political intrigue, the latter five focus more on action. 

Personally i think breaking bad should have ended after season 4 when Walt finished off Gus. But full disclosure I’m not really high on BB like others. It was a hard show to get into. 

Was season 5 of Dexter the one with Julia Styles and Jonny Lee Miller? That season did have a good conclusion to it. I honestly never finished the show, i totally lost interest after the season with the Russian Terminator. 

6 hours ago, Chali21 said:

GoT certainly isn’t for everyone especially the first 3 seasons which focuses on political intrigue, the latter five focus more on action. 

Personally i think breaking bad should have ended after season 4 when Walt finished off Gus. But full disclosure I’m not really high on BB like others. It was a hard show to get into. 

Was season 5 of Dexter the one with Julia Styles and Jonny Lee Miller? That season did have a good conclusion to it. I honestly never finished the show, i totally lost interest after the season with the Russian Terminator. 

That was the only good season after 4 though!

I'm not as high on BB as others but tbh the show was at its best from some point in S4 onwards. No more Walt bickering with his annoying family during breakfast.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I agree with your point that it shouldn't have gone 8 seasons but how could they wrap it up in just one season considering how S4 ended?

My issue with GOT is not the story but the execution of the story.  Everything thing that has happened makes since in the story but feels rushed.  Nothing feels organic.  This season should have been 13 episodes.  the episode before the Bells should have been just about Daenerys'  mental state and slowly build who she might be.  Show the golden company fighting her forces while Drogon is trying to take down the navy and breach the city.  Once they are defeated have the bells ring out with a close up up of her face and then end the episode with no preview.  Next episode she goes crazy and the episode ends with her celebrating with her army and everyone else starting to change while they have to pick up the pieces and the reality of what happened sets in.  You could start to get an understanding of how the characters feel but leave some on the fence.  End the episode then have the finale.  The final episode could probably be broken up into 2 episodes because I am sure they are going to rush it also but I have no clue what direction stuff is going to go in.  I would love for a flashback of what Bran told Tyrion that made him tell Varys.  No reason to tell Varys if he truly does support Dany like he has said.  This is just off the top of my head so if I thought about with a few friends we could probably come up with something great.

• Like 1