This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not want to look like an upside down triangle.  Trying to look more like Earl Campbell.

When I first started I has all legs but no calves. I did them but family has a history of track setters in the area but monster 'bubble' for a white guy and my size which was under 200 then. I called myself a T-Rex with that ham/quad/bubble and no upper body.

Now it's the opposite. Took a decade off power legs and overdid the upper body. Dark haired Johnny Bravo in jeans and black T-shirt. LOL

Over 30 years of lifting and it's just for fun and to not get fat but I REALLY need to balance out more. LOL   Been commuting to the gym as mine was only open 2 weeks and a day since lockdowns. Vegas/Reno/SF/Pacific and currently Marin County. Looking to get out of Cali in April as I'll be debt free soon. Maybe sell my car and move to Thailand for a few months/year/life...#Diew/asmile

• Like 1

I didn't know where to post this thought I just had this morning. So when Reggie McKenzie drafted Khalil Mack, his son who was college age or close was named Kahlil McKenzie which to me is an exceptionally close name. I wonder if that ever came up. Anyways Kahlil Mckenzie just got called up to the Bengals active roster if I am not mistaken.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:31 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Started my OMAD diet today. Anyone else done it before?

An update on this from early August. I've lost 20 pounds. My lifts are going up and my gut isn't a gut anymore. Super happy with the OMAD diet although I have somewhat transitioned into a more normal intermittent fasting window of eating 1-4 hours. I'd like to hit it really hard again in January and lose another 10 pounds. Feeling super great.

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

An update on this from early August. I've lost 20 pounds. My lifts are going up and my gut isn't a gut anymore. Super happy with the OMAD diet although I have somewhat transitioned into a more normal intermittent fasting window of eating 1-4 hours. I'd like to hit it really hard again in January and lose another 10 pounds. Feeling super great.

That's great.  My personal situation is also that if you switch back to a normal eating schedule most of the weight stays off if you do not make stupid decisions.  I do not know anything for certain but the hormonal changes it causes could reset your natural body weight making it easier to stay at a lower weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Nnamdi Asomugha is starring in a movie on Amazon Prime called Sylvie's Love. I haven't watched it yet, but plan to.

Like Nnamdi is a saxophone player and is the male lead, it's not like a cameo or whatever. Actual step towards acting for him, and I hope it's good.

8 hours ago, Trojan said:

Nnamdi Asomugha is starring in a movie on Amazon Prime called Sylvie's Love. I haven't watched it yet, but plan to.

Like Nnamdi is a saxophone player and is the male lead, it's not like a cameo or whatever. Actual step towards acting for him, and I hope it's good.

Nnamdi can act. He was in a movie called Crown Heights and was great in it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I went on a diet back in June 2020.  Lost 34 lbs in 6 weeks.  I ate two slices of wheat toast and two eggs over easy (substituted eggs over easy with 8-10 egg whites some days) with salt every morning for breakfast.  I ate Salmon, Tilapia, and Shrimp for either lunch or dinner along with side salads, broccoli, or asparagus (asparagus is only 3 calories per piece, CRAZY!!).  I baked the fish in the oven and either heated up frozen vegetables in the microwave or steamed them on the stove.  Always seasoned my fish and used salt and pepper on my vegetables.  Never used oils (tons of calories).  I stopped drinking everything but coffee with sugar free creamer, tea, and water (yes, I stopped drinking beer completely).  In-between meals I would snack on 8-10 carrots or a handful of almonds.  I ate between 0800 and 1700 every day, never after 1700.  I also took a lot of gummy vitamins before bed (vitamin C, multivitamin, melatonin, other vitamins) as like a little treat lol.  I went from 200 lbs at 5'9" to 166 lbs.  I'm at 183 lbs from Christmas (was 186 lbs 3 days ago, damn tamales) but was sitting at 177 lbs before.  My goal the entire time was to hit 175 lbs (girlfriend likes some meat on the bones).  

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1