This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Actually thinking about taking a quick/cheap vacation there. It's a short flight from NV. What are the better spots to hit up? (Keep in mind I'm a boring dad that enjoys eating out, seeing cool stuff, and going to bed at a reasonable hour) 

If you just want to sit around, eat good food, drink good beer, eat good food, and have nice views you can hang out in Denver or Colorado Springs. There's plenty of outdoors activities when you get up into the mountains. Lots of winter stuff if you come when it snows.

A place like Breckenridge is cool if you just want a little town to chill in, and you have the mountain stuff there. Denver is a pretty mellow big city, with big city stuff. Colorado Springs is a lot bigger than people realize, and you have Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs (Mountain tourist town), around 20 breweries, 5-6 distilleries, and some really goo restaurants.

56 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm getting 2k instead.  Madden was garbage last year and I refuse to give that POS company any more money

I don't know man this Madden seems very improved from the couple hours I put on it tonight. The biggest thing I noticed was the running game. Last years Madden there would either be no holes, or if there were you couldn't break a single tackle. This game was completely different with realistic blocking and Lynch couldn't be tackled. It was a total blast. In Franchise mode Obi and Conley even had a couple pick, Mack had a 6 sack game, Patterson had a KR TD and almost 2 more, and I traded for Bosa (unrealistic but they are totally unfair opposite one another). The animations and graphics look so smooth in 18 as well.

Overall I'd personally recommend getting it for any ex-Madden lovers out there.

I like the new Madden so far.  Just not used to the receiving functions.  I haven't played in like 2-3 years though so I don't know when that was installed.  Other than that I love everything else about it.  Just beat the Titans 38 to 7 during week 1.  Really pisses me off that K. Mack was injured for 2 weeks with bruised ribs and has to miss the first 2 weeks of the season.  I wanted to get to 30 sacks with him lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I joined a fantasy league.  I did it while I was drunk so I didn't think it would turn out so well.  Anyway, here's my team (team name is Have Amari Christmas).

• QB - D. Brees
  • RB - L. McCoy
  • RB - E. Elliott
  • WR - A. Cooper
  • WR - T. Hill
  • TE - Z. Ertz 
  • Flex - K. Hunt
  • D/ST - Min
  • K - M. Prater
  • Bench - WR - B. Marshall
  • Bench - WR - S. Diggs
  • Bench - WR - D. Jackson
  • Bench - RB - J. Stewart
  • Bench - TE - Hunter Henry
  • Bench - RB - J. Charles
  • Bench - RB - R. Burkhead

I think the only weak spot is the TE position and maybe not having a standout WR.  I'm hoping that T. Hill and A. Cooper step their games up this season.  T. Hill and K. Hunt already gained 60 points for me this week so I'm pretty sure I should be able to walk away with the win.  I still can't believe the Chiefs put up so many points.  I really thought they were going to under-perform this week.  Anyone else playing fantasy this season?

Edited by Jerry

On 8/29/2017 at 3:13 PM, big_palooka said:

Nnamdi always talked about getting into acting. Saw him in this trailer today. Cool to see him following through. Also such a great guy who you root for:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/crown_heights_2017 

That looked really good so I checked out his stuff on IMDB. 

His producing credits look quite impressive in 2017. Congrats he's not trying to do it, he's actually doing it. Sundance will open doors for everyone involved with Crown Heights.

I'm playing fantasy this year. We actually have very similar teams...

QB - Russell Wilson, Derek Carr

RB - Lesean McCoy, Jordan Howard, Dalvin Cook, Doug Martin, CJ Anderson

WR - Dez Bryant, Tyreek Hill, Brandon Marshall, Ted Ginn Jr.

TE - Zach Ertz, Antonio Gates

DEF - Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

K - Graham Gano

• Like 1

22 hours ago, riceman80 said:

I'm playing fantasy this year. We actually have very similar teams...

QB - Russell Wilson, Derek Carr

RB - Lesean McCoy, Jordan Howard, Dalvin Cook, Doug Martin, CJ Anderson

WR - Dez Bryant, Tyreek Hill, Brandon Marshall, Ted Ginn Jr.

TE - Zach Ertz, Antonio Gates

DEF - Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

K - Graham Gano

Good looking team!  I'm really happy I lucked out and snagged 3 awesome RB.  That's definitely a pretty good team though.  Did you start T. Hill?  Guy single handedly won me this week's match up.