This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

School just got cancelled for the rest of the year 

Good call. Kids jumping back in for a few weeks to finish it off would probably be more distressing. Adjusting and adapting to the changing landscape/environment is what it's all about. Good life skills but my friend's here with kids are worried that two fires in the past couple years and now this...He's worried about how they'll view the world and feeling 'safe.' I don't have kids so I've got NO CLUE but hopefully this is bringing more family/friends closer together. Appreciate what we have.  :)

Edited by G

9 hours ago, G said:

Good call. Kids jumping back in for a few weeks to finish it off would probably be more distressing. Adjusting and adapting to the changing landscape/environment is what it's all about. Good life skills but my friend's here with kids are worried that two fires in the past couple years and now this...He's worried about how they'll view the world and feeling 'safe.' I don't have kids so I've got NO CLUE but hopefully this is bringing more family/friends closer together. Appreciate what we have.  :)

I feel bad for the hs sr’s we don’t even know if they’ll be a graduation. Sat’s got thrown out this year lol. My son is a hs jr I feel bad for the kids. Sad to say majority of the parents imo aren’t capable of home schooling their kids. Especially at hs level. Hell my son is in all honors classes and I’m like what is this and I went to college.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:12 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I feel bad for the hs sr’s we don’t even know if they’ll be a graduation. Sat’s got thrown out this year lol. My son is a hs jr I feel bad for the kids. Sad to say majority of the parents imo aren’t capable of home schooling their kids. Especially at hs level. Hell my son is in all honors classes and I’m like what is this and I went to college.

I'm a single father of 3 (100% custody).  They're trying to do online classes during my working hours.  I have no clue how any of this is going to work out.  Crazy 2020 so far.

• Like 3

On 4/3/2020 at 9:12 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yeah I feel terrible for my seniors. Especially my baseball guys. We started to hit our stride right before all of this.

Made some calls home the past few weeks reaching out to my senior students and baseball players and their families. Hearing the heartbreak and disappointment in their voices had me choked up.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:12 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sucks man. After 4 years of hard work and thousands and thousands of dollars, my son won’t get to have a graduation from The University of Iowa. My other son is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville where he runs track. He lost his outdoor season, which also sucks. At least the NCAA is giving him a 5th year of eligibility. ****ed up times we live in.

51 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm a single father of 3 (100% custody).  They're trying to do online classes during my working hours.  I have no clue how any of this is going to work out.  Crazy 2020 so far.

Props I had custody of my son since he was 3 props good luck

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Yeah I feel terrible for my seniors. Especially my baseball guys. We started to hit our stride right before all of this.

Made some calls home the past few weeks reaching out to my senior students and baseball players and their families. Hearing the heartbreak and disappointment in their voices had me choked up.

Yea I know a kid played rb but got hurt sr year and was devastated but I was like dude it’s all good you have baseball.....then this happens 

42 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Sucks man. After 4 years of hard work and thousands and thousands of dollars, my son won’t get to have a graduation from The University of Iowa. My other son is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville where he runs track. He lost his outdoor season, which also sucks. At least the NCAA is giving him a 5th year of eligibility. ****ed up times we live in.

Dayum college level must suck I thought they’d postpone them

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

They won’t even do a video graduation? The hell kind of school is that? I’d be heated. University is expensive enough.