This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

On 9/10/2017 at 5:15 PM, riceman80 said:

Yes sir I did. Wilson is killing me right now tho

Yeah I was honestly surprised at Brees' production last night.  His OL is complete garbage.  I'm honestly thinking about rolling with BPA in FA throughout the season if he continues to get pummeled like he did last night.  But I doubt that will happen and I believe its probably just due to the Vikings' DL being as good as it is.

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I was honestly surprised at Brees' production last night.  His OL is complete garbage.  I'm honestly thinking about rolling with BPA in FA throughout the season if he continues to get pummeled like he did last night.  But I doubt that will happen and I believe its probably just due to the Vikings' DL being as good as it is.

Vikes pass rush is pretty good. I think their D in general is one of the better in the NFC. Brees also was without Armstead at LT and lost RT Strief during the game as well

20 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Vikes pass rush is pretty good. I think their D in general is one of the better in the NFC. Brees also was without Armstead at LT and lost RT Strief during the game as well

Yeah I'd like to pick up a QB but it's still too early to tell who is going to really break out this season.  I ended up picking up the Raiders D/ST and Kicker for the week.  Our game against the Jets should produce a lot of points for our team overall.  I dropped RB R. Burkhead and TE H. Henry.  They produced 2.3 points altogether last week.

I don't know if anyone else has seen the video on NFL.com but they have a video of Tony Romo predicting a handful of plays prior to the snap from the Titans vs. Raiders game.  Pretty neat to watch if you're bored (like me).

I meant to put this in the Random Raiders Stuff thread, sorry.

Edited by Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 7:10 PM, RaiderX said:

Was involved in a car accident today. Car is totaled. Thanks to defensive driving I walked away with only a couple scratches and a bruise. 

Please be patient when driving. Jumping in front of a driver is never worth it.

Oof, that sucks.  Glad you're alright.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just curious..... why didn't the Raiders FO trade Crabtree and King? 

The Broncos traded Dixon (their former punter who obviously would have been cut) to the Giants. I know everyone will point to Kings contract, but that is a drop in the bucket for a solid punter. Are we to believe he had no trade value? 

And in the case of Crabtree, he's getting paid the same if not slight more with the Ravens. So his contract wasn't an issue. Why not get something out of him in that case? It's as if they went all in on Nelson, got excited and just dumped Crabtree immediately. 

Some time the FO moves make me wonder. You have 2 semi-valuable players and get nothing for them. Why? I feel most GMs get value out of players they don't want. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Just curious..... why didn't the Raiders FO trade Crabtree and King? 

The Broncos traded Dixon (their former punter who obviously would have been cut) to the Giants. I know everyone will point to Kings contract, but that is a drop in the bucket for a solid punter. Are we to believe he had no trade value? 

And in the case of Crabtree, he's getting paid the same if not slight more with the Ravens. So his contract wasn't an issue. Why not get something out of him in that case? It's as if they went all in on Nelson, got excited and just dumped Crabtree immediately. 

Some time the FO moves make me wonder. You have 2 semi-valuable players and get nothing for them. Why? I feel most GMs get value out of players they don't want. 

I don't think they would have just released them without trying to gauge the market. Teams don't always pony up for guys that they know will just be cut anyways. We did get Patterson and Olawale traded and (Butler before them)so we know that the concept is in the FOs. I just don't think it worked out with those two. Valid question tho seeing as they both were picked up. It one of those things we'll never know for sure.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't think they would have just released them without trying to gauge the market. Teams don't always pony up for guys that they know will just be cut anyways. We did get Patterson and Olawale traded and (Butler before them)so we know that the concept is in the FOs. I just don't think it worked out with those two. Valid question tho seeing as they both were picked up. It one of those things we'll never know for sure.

You say that, but then the Broncos got a pick for their punter who obviously would have been cut. But I get it. Just curious is all. Seems like Crabtree could've gotten a later pick from a team like the Ravens but they just jumped to replace him with Nelson.