This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

Very quiet time of year football wise and with the lockdown still mostly in effect here I'm getting pretty bored........I do love my cars and particularly the older classics just wondering what kind of wheels guys have on here,............any older muscle car owners?

Id love something like a 69 Camaro but lucky enough to currently have a TVR Chimaera 500 and a Merc C55 AMG 😀 

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Very quiet time of year football wise and with the lockdown still mostly in effect here I'm getting pretty bored........I do love my cars and particularly the older classics just wondering what kind of wheels guys have on here,............any older muscle car owners?

Id love something like a 69 Camaro but lucky enough to currently have a TVR Chimaera 500 and a Merc C55 AMG 😀 

1965 GTO

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I live on a friend's property and my apartment is built into his 'shop' so on the car lift is his 72 Charger, under that is a convertible 65-67? Cornet and on the 'rotisserie' is the  70 Challenger. He's fuel injecting the Cornet. The Challenger has been squered since the early 90's and the Charger looks like it did on the showroom floor with more dust. I drive a golf cart or Prius C as some call it. It's a golf cart though. LOL

Use to take the 72 Charger to Redding for Kool April Nights but he was working on the Cornet because it'd be more fun.

Edited by G
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

I live on a friend's property and my apartment is built into his 'shop' so on the car lift is his 72 Charger, under that is a convertible 65-67? Cornet and on the 'rotisserie' is the  70 Challenger. He's fuel injecting the Cornet. The Challenger has been squered since the early 90's and the Charger looks like it did on the showroom floor with more dust. I drive a golf cart or Prius C as some call it. It's a golf cart though. LOL

Use to take the 72 Charger to Redding for Kool April Nights but he was working on the Cornet because it'd be more fun.

Fantastic, love both the Charger and Challenger, Dodge have built some pretty amazing cars over the years.  Ill have to look the Cornet up as I'm not familiar with that model 🙂

Tried to hire a modern Dodge Challenger when we did a fly-drive in Cali a couple years back but they only had a new Mustang soft top, that was pretty decent though, better than I expected.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Started my OMAD diet today. Anyone else done it before?

One meal a day diet for those not into it.

ive never done OMAD.... not a big diet’er but was on the Atkins for a few years (more for General health.... eat hamburger patties with ketchup or mustard nearly exclusively).... this was before I found out I had Celiac Disease,,,, so in retrospect it makes sense why I felt so much better on it.

But yeah.... I’m not on a diet but I try to fast once day a week at least.  Im a night owl so it’s hard but I’ve started eating past 9pm too.

Idk what it is but years in prison (where your always hungry.... I swear your hungry 45 mins after you eat..... everyone says it too, not just me) kinda retrained my stomach to not be able to eat large meals but I need to eat 2-3 small meals a day.  But it also trained me to easily fight thru hunger spells.

instead of 1 meal a day i do 2 small ones.  Im horrible at being consistent with times due to work and my life in general. i will say Eating 2 small meals a day has kept me in good shape though so I’m pretty sure OMAD will work for you.

but keep us posted.  Good luck!  I’m a big believe in shame being the best motivation.  If your goals to lose 20 pounds and you have people aware of the diet you don’t want to admit failure to them so you tend to force yourself to stick to the diet and get the success you set out for.

That said.... what’s your goal?  Cuz I will fat shame you if you don’t make it! (I say that in good taste)

• Like 1

Anyone in here into firearms?  My girlfriend is getting her CCW (did the class, awaiting the range test and then has to submit application).... so I’ve embarked on a “polymer 80 Glock 43” build (it’s where you buy an unfinished frame so it’s technically a piece of plastic not a gun, then so some modifications to make it able to accept a magazine And upper..... you also have the source and assemble every single part) for her.  I was torn on doing a Glock 26 vs 43 for quite some time but decided on the 43 because it’s slimmer and will fit her small hands better.  It’s really only for home defense so she can get by with the less rounds.... but that bothers me..... I’m the weirdo who had a 33rd Magazine with 20rd extension on his Glock 26..... because you never know when you’ll need 54 rounds.

polymer80 guys do it to avoid having a serial number and the government knowing your business.  That’s part of it for me, but I also plan on having HER buy a Ruger .380 LCP2 pistol and 9mm LCRx revolver.  I like the idea of having external safeties on her guns so she can feel more safe handling them and storing them loaded.

I’m also doing the build so I can customize it for her.... reduce trigger pull and recoil reduction plus I’m going to get some custom slide work (custom milling and cerakote) and the frame will have custom Cerakote and stippling with an Albanian eagle logo on it.  It’s going to be a OD green Lower and slight Black gloss slide with polished gold barrel and accents.  

Anyone else into firearms?  The only thing I love more then the Raiders is firearms.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

One meal a day diet for those not into it.

ive never done OMAD.... not a big diet’er but was on the Atkins for a few years (more for General health.... eat hamburger patties with ketchup or mustard nearly exclusively).... this was before I found out I had Celiac Disease,,,, so in retrospect it makes sense why I felt so much better on it.

But yeah.... I’m not on a diet but I try to fast once day a week at least.  Im a night owl so it’s hard but I’ve started eating past 9pm too.

Idk what it is but years in prison (where your always hungry.... I swear your hungry 45 mins after you eat..... everyone says it too, not just me) kinda retrained my stomach to not be able to eat large meals but I need to eat 2-3 small meals a day.  But it also trained me to easily fight thru hunger spells.

instead of 1 meal a day i do 2 small ones.  Im horrible at being consistent with times due to work and my life in general. i will say Eating 2 small meals a day has kept me in good shape though so I’m pretty sure OMAD will work for you.

but keep us posted.  Good luck!  I’m a big believe in shame being the best motivation.  If your goals to lose 20 pounds and you have people aware of the diet you don’t want to admit failure to them so you tend to force yourself to stick to the diet and get the success you set out for.

That said.... what’s your goal?  Cuz I will fat shame you if you don’t make it! (I say that in good taste)

Thanks dude! 

Goal is to gain 50 pounds of muscle and lose 25 pounds of fat over the next 4 days (lol). Really though I want to shed some weight. I've bulked up over the past few years after coming home from university. I have gotten a lot stronger and it shows but unfortunately managed to get a much higher BF% than I want. My GF is in incredible shape and eats so clean, so it's not necessarily not enough exercise or eating bad foods for me. It's that I eat too much late in the night. I never eat breakfast, usually have a late lunch then eat a massive dinner and snacks before bed. I think with OMAD I won't struggle because I usually fast early in the day and now I'll force myself to stop eating after the 1 hour window. 

I invested some serious coin into a home gym during COVID and usually lift 5 times a week. I am hoping with OMAD I'll shed some serious fat over the next few months. I'd be very pleased losing around 15 pounds.

32 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

polymer80 guys do it to avoid having a serial number and the government knowing your business.  

'I have no comment' LOL

A mutual friend builds all kinds of things. 

I plead the 5th...

no comment. LOL

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thanks dude! 

Goal is to gain 50 pounds of muscle and lose 25 pounds of fat over the next 4 days (lol). Really though I want to shed some weight. I've bulked up over the past few years after coming home from university. I have gotten a lot stronger and it shows but unfortunately managed to get a much higher BF% than I want. My GF is in incredible shape and eats so clean, so it's not necessarily not enough exercise or eating bad foods for me. It's that I eat too much late in the night. I never eat breakfast, usually have a late lunch then eat a massive dinner and snacks before bed. I think with OMAD I won't struggle because I usually fast early in the day and now I'll force myself to stop eating after the 1 hour window. 

I invested some serious coin into a home gym during COVID and usually lift 5 times a week. I am hoping with OMAD I'll shed some serious fat over the next few months. I'd be very pleased losing around 15 pounds.

I have not tried OMAD but I did do intermittent fasting for a while.  You get use to it and it becomes easy after a week.  Like all diets you body will acclimate and you will reach a new equilibrium point.  Where that is depends on your genetics, biochemistry, and activity.  For me personally I lost about 40 lbs and a lot of visceral fat.  I did not notice a lot of subcutaneous fat loss but the loss of fat on my organs dropped my blood pressure and heart rate dramatically.  This is my personal story but I would recommend any man to try it.  Women need to talk to their doctors because it can jack up their hormones.  Around 4-5 hours after your meal you may find yourself getting really hungry but it fades and you learn to deal with the signals your body gives you.  Around 12 hours you stop being hungry and you may get a flushed feeling come over your body and that is around the same time your body transitions from metabolizing food you put in your system to burning its own fuels and cleaning itself out.  You can find a timeline here.

https://lifeapps.io/fasting/the-5-stages-of-intermittent-fasting/ or

https://www.inhousestudiofitness.com.au/blog/2019/5/15/the-hour-by-hour-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting

I did find that the HGH increase really helped with joint aches and pains including lower back that started in my teenage years.  The weight loss helped also.  Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thanks dude! 

I read the first part of sentence 1 and was like “wtf this guys crazy”... you had be fooled for a quick second.

eating late night is so bad for you.... I’d eat so little all day then eat at Night and go right to bed and wonder why I wasn’t in too too shape.  Cutting that out should help you too.

my girlfriend is too good looking for me to be quite honest so I understand the desire to be in good shape too lol.  Except my gf eats nothing but candy i swear and has a gymnasts body with curves.... some people are just lucky.  

If you follow a manageable diet and workout you should be able to obtain the results you want.  Eating right will be important tho you need nutrients and energy to workout.  I’m no dietician or workout fanatic but I imagine if your too stringent with the diet you’ll lose more muscle then you want.  So be flexible enough to find what works but strict enough to not break the diet.

best of luck with it and keep us updated!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Started my OMAD diet today. Anyone else done it before?

It works but you need cheat Days. I'm not talking about chili dogs and cheese burgers, just every couple of days have 3 healthy meals in one day. Also If you want to have 1 real cheat meal ( fast food) every once in a while It's okay just go back to your diet the next day. Remember it's a process and no one's perfect.

• Like 1