This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You say that, but then the Broncos got a pick for their punter who obviously would have been cut. But I get it. Just curious is all. Seems like Crabtree could've gotten a later pick from a team like the Ravens but they just jumped to replace him with Nelson.

Yeah I said "teams don't always", not teams always. You even bolded it. Then you restated the same things you said in the original post. It doesn't always work even if on the outside it looks like a deal could be struck. Teams will play coy knowing a guy will be cut and other times teams will move on a guy that will be cut because they are scared he may have more than one suitor or a million other reasons why a trade would come together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 7:23 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Random occurrence: Michael Irvin was at the same Cinco De Mayo party as me last night.

What was he like? Only player i ever met was Drew Bledsoe as a kid. And dude was straight boring as hell. His wife tho...oh my jeezy...

56 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

What was he like? Only player i ever met was Drew Bledsoe as a kid. And dude was straight boring as hell. His wife tho...oh my jeezy...

Drew Bledsoe was turnt up at the Celtic game the other day lol but yeah he does look like a bland guy

I met Charles Woodson and Charlie Garner back in 02 when I was a kid...apparently Woodson was messing with one of the chicks from my apartment complex and they pulled up in a SUV and signed autographs for all the neighborhood kids lol. It was cool to see that as a kid

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2018 at 4:56 PM, Silver&BlackWarrior47 said:

Quick question for the financial guru fan. How exactly do signing bonuses work? i.e. barkley contract from today, year 32mil fully gaurenteed & 21mil signing bonus. Is the 21 part of the 32 or is the the 21 on top of the 32 (total payout of 53mil) 

Definitely not a guru but tried to learn some about contracts (somewhat work related). But the 21 million signing bonus is part of the overall 32 million value of the contract. Meaning the remaining 13 million is from base salary.

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

Rams are paying EVERYONE.....except Aaron Donald. Kinda curious, this has to be apart of their plan, it'd just be too weird to hand out huge contrct like tht to everyone except the best player of all the people that need to be paid

I kind of wondered if they were just getting these deals done now so that they could front load the contracts and burn through as much guaranteed money before Goff is theoretically due for an extension in 2021. Makes some sense to pay your top position guys now while your QB is on a rookie deal. Dead cap would be significantly less for both Gurley and Cooks by that time if they are no longer necessary. 

Okay. I'll do it.  After a lot of time to deeply ponder to myself, I'll finally come clean. I am the reason Amari Cooper had a major slump this past season. It is my fault and I regret it every single day.

Some of you may recall my old sig regarding my jerseys. If not, this is pretty much how it went:

• First jersey: Jamarcus Russell.
  • Second jersey: Rolando McClain.
  • Next jerseys: every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.

I thought I was a true curse and I wanted to ruin our rivals to the fullest extent. Well, I obviously backed out on the last. I purchased an Amari Cooper jersey last September. I am the sole reason for Cooper's struggles. I am to blame. I am the devil himself. Forgive me.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:23 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Random occurrence: Michael Irvin was at the same Cinco De Mayo party as me last night.

I saw him two years ago by a pool in Miami and I was surprised at how big he is.

He looks like he could play LB.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Okay. I'll do it.  After a lot of time to deeply ponder to myself, I'll finally come clean. I am the reason Amari Cooper had a major slump this past season. It is my fault and I regret it every single day.

Some of you may recall my old sig regarding my jerseys. If not, this is pretty much how it went:

I thought I was a true curse and I wanted to ruin our rivals to the fullest extent. Well, I obviously backed out on the last. I purchased an Amari Cooper jersey last September. I am the sole reason for Cooper's struggles. I am to blame. I am the devil himself. Forgive me.

You make me sick!  GET OUT!

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lol I actually got bold and got Mack and lynch 

first jerseys since t Howard rip

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

If you're to blame for them, then I'm to blame for McFadden.  I haven't bought one since.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

what would  you do? I just fantasy drafted and my team looks like this

QB: R Wilson

RB: Gurley, Freeman, A Collins, C Carson, S Michel

WR: Baldwin, Juju, Edelman, K Cole, M Williams

TE: Gronk, Burton

Def: Vikings, Bears

K: Butler

A guy just dropped J Doyle...thinking of adding him and maybe flipping a TE for a reliable WR... I would drop M Williams... I also really like T Lockett, this could be his breakout year? would you drop M Williams for Lockett or Doyle?