This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

I don’t think they intended for the series to end with season 8 then that decision was made and they had to rush a lot of story lines. Well see what happens tomorrow. 

I wonder if HBO has any other shows that are gonna come out to try and replace GoT. They’re closing their money maker. They always had a hit show Sopranos and Entourage and when Entourage ended that was the first season of GoT. Wonder what they have next.  

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t think they intended for the series to end with season 8 then that decision was made and they had to rush a lot of story lines. Well see what happens tomorrow. 

I wonder if HBO has any other shows that are gonna come out to try and replace GoT. They’re closing their money maker. They always had a hit show Sopranos and Entourage and when Entourage ended that was the first season of GoT. Wonder what they have next.  

HBO wanted D&D to do a full S7, S8, and even a S9. They declined cause they wanna work on Star Wars and rushed everything. 

As for new HBO shows, check out the mini series Chernobyl. Awesome. On episode 2 right now. They also have Watchmen coming out in the Fall. 

I heard some good things about Chernobyl. Definitely gonna have to check that out. 

Don’t know people music taste here, but any of you watch the Wu-tang doc that Showtime did. It’s airing in parts but very good stuff if you like Wu-tang 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

HBO wanted D&D to do a full S7, S8, and even a S9. They declined cause they wanna work on Star Wars and rushed everything. 

As for new HBO shows, check out the mini series Chernobyl. Awesome. On episode 2 right now. They also have Watchmen coming out in the Fall. 

I talked my girlfriend into watching it and she had no clue how reactors are dangerous but she seemed interested.  I gave her the short version of nuclear reactions and the issues that ca happen.  As soon as episode 1 ended she just looked at me with a pissed look on her face.  She said "why would I give her one more thing to scare st!t out of her in her life".  I think I should tell her that there are no longer any functioning plants in California.

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

They have a bunch of stuff coming in the next year and a half. Here are the big ones excluding limited series or snorefests:

his dark materials
lovecraft country
watchmen
demimonde
the nevers
the time travelers wife

plus 2 GOT off shoots are progressing nicely according to GRRM.

Edited by NightTrainLane

I haven’t been on the this season sucks trend like a lot of people. But the last episode ever was terrible. Absolutely hate what they did to Jon snows character this season basically made him and after thought and send him off like that smh 

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I haven’t been on the this season sucks trend like a lot of people. But the last episode ever was terrible. Absolutely hate what they did to Jon snows character this season basically made him and after thought and send him off like that smh 

Honestly though it was probably the ending Jon would have wanted. He never wanted to be king of anything and he really embraced wildling culture. After what happened i can’t see him really staying in Westeros due to his heritage it would have complicated things going forward. 

Overall I like how the story ended for the characters but once again it was rushed.  Daenerys being killed should have been the ending of an episode or at least extend it out to see Jon's men trying to protect him before he was captured.  Not letting that play out was lazy writing.  Have to wait for GRRM to finis the books to fill in the gaps.  Jon going north of the wall is great for a new series setup.  Arya and Jon will travel and go places we know nothing about while Bran and Sansa rebuild Westeros.  I still have a lot of questions that I hope the spin-offs answer but I think the prequel stories if done correctly are more interesting than GOT.  Just to let you know GRRM has said that his world is round so Arya should reach the east side of Essos.  There are aspects of Essos that sound like Winterfell including 5 forts that protect against demons from the grey waste.  Sounds like the far east of Essos might connect to the land of Always Winter.  They could have a spin-off of what Drogon does if he travels to Yi Ti.  We know very little about this world and the could play this story out for a long time.  So far we have only seen what would be considered the Western Hemisphere and countries surrounding the Mediterranean.  

He’s a Targaryen he had the right to the throne. Feels like Grey worm had way to much pull. The episode was intense and good until the screen went black then it felt like it was in fast forward mode and we didn’t see how they found out it was Jon and you’re telling me Greyworm found out and didn’t try to kill Jon? Makes no sense. 

Why bring him back from the dead why even mention that he was a Targaryen. I just feel like for a main character they did him no justice. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He’s a Targaryen he had the right to the throne. Feels like Grey worm had way to much pull. The episode was intense and good until the screen went black then it felt like it was in fast forward mode and we didn’t see how they found out it was Jon and you’re telling me Greyworm found out and didn’t try to kill Jon? Makes no sense. 

Why bring him back from the dead why even mention that he was a Targaryen. I just feel like for a main character they did him no justice. 

I mean I agree. But also Jon/Tyrion were traitors at that point. And everyone else was dead so GreyWorm was the highest rank left

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Jon's life mirrors Aemon Targeryen in many ways and not trying to take the throne is one of them.  When Greyworm goes to Naath Jon could easily take over the kingdom and destroy the Unsullied.  Just like Aemon though Jon's honor compels him to keep his word.  Jon is one character who does not change.  The relationship is played out a lot better in the books Aemon has a bigger impact on Jon.  One example is Aemon wanting to go help and serve Daenerys  when he hears about her but is to old.  There are somethings the book leaves out that I believe would have greatly helped in making the story seem smooth and organic.  Aemon and Sam was done well but Aemon and Jon was not.