This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Anyone in here into firearms?  My girlfriend is getting her CCW (did the class, awaiting the range test and then has to submit application).... so I’ve embarked on a “polymer 80 Glock 43” build (it’s where you buy an unfinished frame so it’s technically a piece of plastic not a gun, then so some modifications to make it able to accept a magazine And upper..... you also have the source and assemble every single part) for her.  I was torn on doing a Glock 26 vs 43 for quite some time but decided on the 43 because it’s slimmer and will fit her small hands better.  It’s really only for home defense so she can get by with the less rounds.... but that bothers me..... I’m the weirdo who had a 33rd Magazine with 20rd extension on his Glock 26..... because you never know when you’ll need 54 rounds.

polymer80 guys do it to avoid having a serial number and the government knowing your business.  That’s part of it for me, but I also plan on having HER buy a Ruger .380 LCP2 pistol and 9mm LCRx revolver.  I like the idea of having external safeties on her guns so she can feel more safe handling them and storing them loaded.

I’m also doing the build so I can customize it for her.... reduce trigger pull and recoil reduction plus I’m going to get some custom slide work (custom milling and cerakote) and the frame will have custom Cerakote and stippling with an Albanian eagle logo on it.  It’s going to be a OD green Lower and slight Black gloss slide with polished gold barrel and accents.  

Anyone else into firearms?  The only thing I love more then the Raiders is firearms.

For home defense I recommend a big Chrome gun.

The caliber is up to personal preference but you you want the intruder to be able to see the gun get scared and leave. Not to Attack you because he thinks there's nothing in your hand.

Highly recommend Worcester mountain if you're going to the range.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I have not tried OMAD but I did do intermittent fasting for a while.  You get use to it and it becomes easy after a week.  Like all diets you body will acclimate and you will reach a new equilibrium point.  Where that is depends on your genetics, biochemistry, and activity.  For me personally I lost about 40 lbs and a lot of visceral fat.  I did not notice a lot of subcutaneous fat loss but the loss of fat on my organs dropped my blood pressure and heart rate dramatically.  This is my personal story but I would recommend any man to try it.  Women need to talk to their doctors because it can jack up their hormones.  Around 4-5 hours after your meal you may find yourself getting really hungry but it fades and you learn to deal with the signals your body gives you.  Around 12 hours you stop being hungry and you may get a flushed feeling come over your body and that is around the same time your body transitions from metabolizing food you put in your system to burning its own fuels and cleaning itself out.  You can find a timeline here.

https://lifeapps.io/fasting/the-5-stages-of-intermittent-fasting/ or

https://www.inhousestudiofitness.com.au/blog/2019/5/15/the-hour-by-hour-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting

I did find that the HGH increase really helped with joint aches and pains including lower back that started in my teenage years.  The weight loss helped also.  Good luck.

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I read the first part of sentence 1 and was like “wtf this guys crazy”... you had be fooled for a quick second.

eating late night is so bad for you.... I’d eat so little all day then eat at Night and go right to bed and wonder why I wasn’t in too too shape.  Cutting that out should help you too.

my girlfriend is too good looking for me to be quite honest so I understand the desire to be in good shape too lol.  Except my gf eats nothing but candy i swear and has a gymnasts body with curves.... some people are just lucky.  

If you follow a manageable diet and workout you should be able to obtain the results you want.  Eating right will be important tho you need nutrients and energy to workout.  I’m no dietician or workout fanatic but I imagine if your too stringent with the diet you’ll lose more muscle then you want.  So be flexible enough to find what works but strict enough to not break the diet.

best of luck with it and keep us updated!

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It works but you need cheat Days. I'm not talking about chili dogs and cheese burgers, just every couple of days have 3 healthy meals in one day. Also If you want to have 1 real cheat meal ( fast food) every once in a while It's okay just go back to your diet the next day. Remember it's a process and no one's perfect.

Thanks for the tips boys. I'm excited to see how it plays out. It won't be a true consistent OMAD diet this month as I am going on holidays for two 1 week stints but will do it in between the trips and when I am back hard.

Also purchased a Renpho scale off Amazon. The thing looks sweet. Can track BMI, BF %, muscle, etc. Sychs to your Health app to and tracks the daily progress.

10 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

For home defense I recommend a big Chrome gun.

The caliber is up to personal preference but you you want the intruder to be able to see the gun get scared and leave. Not to Attack you because he thinks there's nothing in your hand.

Highly recommend Worcester mountain if you're going to the range.

I’ve always preferred federal ammo personally.  Although the cheaper Tula ammo for the range is cool because it leaves a big muzzle flash if you take pics and videos.  But it junks the gun up a lot.  I keep Federal Hydra-shock’s in my Ruger SR9c, Glock 26, and Canik TP9SF for home defense.

Personally, I hate chrome guns.  The only chrome S&W 5906, which was a 9mm 1911 style gun, (i believe that’s the model it was but it was Nearly 20 years ago and I was 19).  I don’t subscribe to the idea a chrome shiny gun will scare off an intruder.  If your in my home as an intruder or threatening my life there are no warnings, we are past scare tatics, and you prolly won’t even see it coming.

I’ve always loved 9mm due to the combination of bullet capacity to stopping power plus the lower recoil and cost.  But I do also like .40cal a lot and simply love 10mm.  The next one I get is prolly going to be a 10mm, prolly a Glock29.  I might just do 10mm conversion for my .40cal Glock23 though instead. I fell in love instantly at the range when a guy 3 booths down had his shells bouncing off the wall and hit me in the leg with a burning hot shell.  I was like WTF is THAT?  We started talking and he let me give it a try and I was in love.

Weighted myself yesterday and was first time since March. (I'm 6'0) I was 240lbs about 3/4 years ago (lifting since 1989) and was slowly doing the yoyo of drop gain some back, (too old to keep bulking) drop lower gain some back and had been under 210lbs most of 2019. Was 204lbs doing cardio 3/4 days a week before my lifting and was a sweaty mess. Haven't done much cardio since then and ate like we were going to die March/April (LOL) Had a tiny home set up that I barely used and the gym opening was great before it closed again and now I drive across the bridge to one that's open over an hour away twice a week. I'm looking/feeling good but I'm 224lbs. If they close things more we are going to lose more lives because healthy people can't stay healthy. Outdoor exercise doesn't cut it as I won't mask outdoors and I'll be on a Karen meme if someone gets in my face about it. 

I did see a Fred Flinstone set up in a yard of a pole with two buckets of cement attached, so it could be worse.   LOL

Edited by G

5 hours ago, G said:

Weighted myself yesterday and was first time since March. (I'm 6'0) I was 240lbs about 3/4 years ago (lifting since 1989) and was slowly doing the yoyo of drop gain some back, (too old to keep bulking) drop lower gain some back and had been under 210lbs most of 2019. Was 204lbs doing cardio 3/4 days a week before my lifting and was a sweaty mess. Haven't done much cardio since then and ate like we were going to die March/April (LOL) Had a tiny home set up that I barely used and the gym opening was great before it closed again and now I drive across the bridge to one that's open over an hour away twice a week. I'm looking/feeling good but I'm 224lbs. If they close things more we are going to lose more lives because healthy people can't stay healthy. Outdoor exercise doesn't cut it as I won't mask outdoors and I'll be on a Karen meme if someone gets in my face about it. 

I did see a Fred Flinstone set up in a yard of a pole with two buckets of cement attached, so it could be worse.   LOL

I lost 25 lbs recently without exercising at all.  Just dieted for a month and the lbs just fell off.  It was great.  Diet is the main factor in losing weight.  I love being 175 lbs.  Feel great now.

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I lost 25 lbs recently without exercising at all.  Just dieted for a month and the lbs just fell off.  It was great.  Diet is the main factor in losing weight.  I love being 175 lbs.  Feel great now.

I’m no expert but I’ve always been conscious of my weight and have always found diet is just as important if not more important than exercise.  I Say that because a good diet is what always sparked shedding a few pounds.  Without eating right it’s hard to cut weight no matter how much cardio you do.  Salads and grilled vegetables and cutting out glutens, potatoes, etc plus red meat and dairy is always how I lose weight fast.  For protein I’ll have beans and grilled fish.

I’ve always had digestive issues... celiac and a bunch of other things... so if I’m eating “light foods” I’m always at my healthiest and leanest.

Edited by jimkelly02

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

That's excellent. I eat/drink like ish...

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 7:37 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve always preferred federal ammo personally.  Although the cheaper Tula ammo for the range is cool because it leaves a big muzzle flash if you take pics and videos.  But it junks the gun up a lot.  I keep Federal Hydra-shock’s in my Ruger SR9c, Glock 26, and Canik TP9SF for home defense.

Personally, I hate chrome guns.  The only chrome S&W 5906, which was a 9mm 1911 style gun, (i believe that’s the model it was but it was Nearly 20 years ago and I was 19).  I don’t subscribe to the idea a chrome shiny gun will scare off an intruder.  If your in my home as an intruder or threatening my life there are no warnings, we are past scare tatics, and you prolly won’t even see it coming.

I’ve always loved 9mm due to the combination of bullet capacity to stopping power plus the lower recoil and cost.  But I do also like .40cal a lot and simply love 10mm.  The next one I get is prolly going to be a 10mm, prolly a Glock29.  I might just do 10mm conversion for my .40cal Glock23 though instead. I fell in love instantly at the range when a guy 3 booths down had his shells bouncing off the wall and hit me in the leg with a burning hot shell.  I was like WTF is THAT?  We started talking and he let me give it a try and I was in love.

Not trying to cause any problem,  but aren't you a convicted felon?

12 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Not trying to cause any problem,  but aren't you a convicted felon?

Yes, technically I can’t possess firearms anymore.  
That doesn’t mean I couldn’t transfer possession and ownership to a significant other or family member.

I’ll just say “mine” doesn’t always refer to actual possession. 😉

On 7/31/2020 at 12:37 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I’m no expert but I’ve always been conscious of my weight and have always found diet is just as important if not more important than exercise.  I Say that because a good diet is what always sparked shedding a few pounds.  Without eating right it’s hard to cut weight no matter how much cardio you do.  Salads and grilled vegetables and cutting out glutens, potatoes, etc plus red meat and dairy is always how I lose weight fast.  For protein I’ll have beans and grilled fish.

I’ve always had digestive issues... celiac and a bunch of other things... so if I’m eating “light foods” I’m always at my healthiest and leanest.

Yeah so the diet I did was through an app (Noom).  They tell you after the first week that there is no real evidence showing that diet and exercise is more effective than just dieting.  I'm literally down 31 lbs from just changing the way I eat.  It's amazing.  I steamed my vegetables and baked my seafood.  Avoided cooking with oils/butter.  There's more to it but I completely agree with you, vegetables, lean meats, cutting carbs/calories, much more effective than just exercising.  I've never lost so much weight before by just exercising more.

Intermittent fast start with a 16-8 so 16 hours of no eating and 8 hours of eating window. Once you get that down and your body adjust then start with a 20-4. While fasting just have to stay away from liquids that have carbs and it gives you more variety on what you can eat.  

Been doing this for years just not on weekends and its the best change I have made. 

• Like 1