This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I have a full home gym with power rack w/ landmine, bench press, adjustable bench and a preacher curl. I can work every muscle no problem but am always looking for things to add. Are Arm Blasters worth a purchase? I know it will replicate a lot of what my preacher curl works but I've seen people swear by them. I imagine it would still hit bis slightly different than a seat preacher but wanted to pick everyones brains.

Thinking of picking something generic up off Amazon

On 1/20/2021 at 2:32 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm not a big fan of them but can still be useful.  Since you have an adjustable bench, mixing in some spider curls would be a good change up if you dont already do them. I feel like it really hits the top of the bicep, where it meets the delt, compared to other curl variations. 

As far as other equip.: Im a big fan of the Dip attachment.

I’m all arms, chest, legs, shoulders. 

im cutting weight because I have a gut and it bugs me. I made a huge mistake this week:

- started the keto 

- starting insanity Max on Monday so this was day 3.... I did all the moves but I messed up at the end.... suppose to stretch at the end but I had the urge to pass out.haven’t felt like this since I use to do a little boxing training.. I just rushed to my kitchen and grabbed some bread... just carbs of some sort... today was the first day I didn’t hit the diet correctly, didn’t eat all day and used the restroom a lot... usually work out in the morning too, but was busy 

anyone do insanity and keto at the same time? 

@Humble_Beast I've never done insanity but tried Keto once. It was way too restricted for myself. I found it such a pain accounting for every single carb and it would take away too many foods I enjoyed. I also don't think it's sustainable whatsoever but have had friends do it and love it.

I myself am doing intermittent fasting and it's A+. I can eat what I want (relatively) and it's pretty damn easy. Just keep yourself busy during the mornings and night and it's a breeze.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

@Humble_Beast I've never done insanity but tried Keto once. It was way too restricted for myself. I found it such a pain accounting for every single carb and it would take away too many foods I enjoyed. I also don't think it's sustainable whatsoever but have had friends do it and love it.

I myself am doing intermittent fasting and it's A+. I can eat what I want (relatively) and it's pretty damn easy. Just keep yourself busy during the mornings and night and it's a breeze.

Think I’m trying to get results quick with keto and insanity. I can lift a lot and solid all around. I can see my top two abs but that’s about it... I have a gut and some love handles (smh). I wouldn’t say I’m fat but realize what I need to work on. Have to step it up, spring be here soon 

Just be in calorie deficit to loose fat.

I use this formula:

Body weight x 12 = total calories for the day. Then us a 50/30/20 Protein/Carbs/Fat macro. Tracked it a few weeks so I understand the portions and now just intuitively eat. 

@RaidersAreOne I've not tried intermittent fasting. I work out mid-mornings and would think I need to be fueled for the workout.... what's your take? I've heard good things.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:27 PM, jimkelly02 said:

taking a road trip 

Hey Jim didn't you use to live in Florida? As a Californian I'm DONE! Signed to recall Newsom but doubt the voters actually do it. So looking at my exit strategy and I HATE (rarely use that word) lockdowns, masks and won't be getting a vaccine that is NOT a cure (hence why I don't get flu shots either) So knowing the little about your views and  knowing ENVIRONMENT IS EVERYTHING. I had been looking at Vegas but it's looking too Californized and probably going to reelect their idiot Governor with how many Cali's have moved there. Texas isn't much cheaper but also feeling like Cali might infect there too. So What cities in Florida do you think a person like myself should check out if visiting there soon? I'm a single white male 50 athletic who has had a diverse group of friends but I'd rather have the worst house in the best neighborhood than the best house in the worst neighboorhood with what I think the next few years brings. Any suggestions? Others feel free to chime in too. HB had an EXCELLENT recommendation with Zion this past Summer. Still might do Vegas and Colorado is a place I loved but taxes aren't as good as the states mentioned but they are better than Cali. LOVED Colorado Springs for anyone wanting to go there. 😀

33 minutes ago, G said:

Hey Jim didn't you use to live in Florida? As a Californian I'm DONE! Signed to recall Newsom but doubt the voters actually do it. So looking at my exit strategy and I HATE (rarely use that word) lockdowns, masks and won't be getting a vaccine that is NOT a cure (hence why I don't get flu shots either) So knowing the little about your views and  knowing ENVIRONMENT IS EVERYTHING. I had been looking at Vegas but it's looking too Californized and probably going to reelect their idiot Governor with how many Cali's have moved there. Texas isn't much cheaper but also feeling like Cali might infect there too. So What cities in Florida do you think a person like myself should check out if visiting there soon? I'm a single white male 50 athletic who has had a diverse group of friends but I'd rather have the worst house in the best neighborhood than the best house in the worst neighboorhood with what I think the next few years brings. Any suggestions? Others feel free to chime in too. HB had an EXCELLENT recommendation with Zion this past Summer. Still might do Vegas and Colorado is a place I loved but taxes aren't as good as the states mentioned but they are better than Cali. LOVED Colorado Springs for anyone wanting to go there. 😀

I lived in Pensacola, Florida which is about 40 minutes from Alabama for 4 years (Navy).  The 4 bedroom two story house cost 1350 in rent a month.  Same house in San Diego is 3 grand a month.  Gas prices are way cheaper.  Really enjoyed the southern cooking.  I'm 33 year old male with 3 kids full time (divorced in September 2020).  It was a good time.  Good women out there too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

@RaidersAreOne I've not tried intermittent fasting. I work out mid-mornings and would think I need to be fueled for the workout.... what's your take? I've heard good things.

Everyones bodies are super different as you know so I can only speak of my experience. I am one of those weirdos who never ate breakfast in the first place, and when I was working in the office sometimes I didn't even care to bring a lunch. I've always been a big dinner guy but struggled with eating late into the night. So for me IF doesn't change a crazy amount for my lifestyle. It moreso stops me from eating crap right before bed.

I usually lift around 12/2 so I do workout fasted. I have no issues with it personally, just drink a lot of water and I still take pre-workout (stuff says that technically breaks your fast but I am not being that intense about it). Then I try and hold off eating until 5-6 PM. I eat quite a bit but it's still a deficit compared to an entire day. Then I am good and full for the night and then repeat the process the next day. 

Some people can't survive without getting food first thing so IF may not work for them. I myself love it and have dropped 20 lbs without really struggling. I cave a couple times a week and make a sand-which at like 10 PM but it's all part of the process. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Everyones bodies are super different as you know so I can only speak of my experience. I am one of those weirdos who never ate breakfast in the first place, and when I was working in the office sometimes I didn't even care to bring a lunch. I've always been a big dinner guy but struggled with eating late into the night. So for me IF doesn't change a crazy amount for my lifestyle. It moreso stops me from eating crap right before bed.

I usually lift around 12/2 so I do workout fasted. I have no issues with it personally, just drink a lot of water and I still take pre-workout (stuff says that technically breaks your fast but I am not being that intense about it). Then I try and hold off eating until 5-6 PM. I eat quite a bit but it's still a deficit compared to an entire day. Then I am good and full for the night and then repeat the process the next day. 

Some people can't survive without getting food first thing so IF may not work for them. I myself love it and have dropped 20 lbs without really struggling. I cave a couple times a week and make a sand-which at like 10 PM but it's all part of the process. 

lol.... I'm the opposite. Grew up in farm country where "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How you guys taking it? 

I mix it in my oatmeal or smoothie. On occasion blend it into my coffee and never had a problem with it.

Typically in a shake. I think the MCT combined with reduced fiber intake on keto just didnt agree with me. 

Mostly whole foods, no added sugar, and a 18/6 fast at maintence calorie level has worked great for me. And most importantly, sustainable for the long term.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G said:

Yeah I lived in Weston... which inland of Ft. Lauderdale.  I’d fly down from CT for a 3-7 days every 2-3 weeks.  So I lived their but mainly in resorts and 4 star hotels lol... the perks of being in the Narco Tourism Industry!  Me and my friend / business partner did have a small house in Weston when we wanted to go there.  But we’d also travel to Orlando all the time too.  I go to Orlando almost every winter for work, as my bosses (family construction/ swimming pool business) have homes on the outskirts of Orlando.

Personally I love the West Palm Beach to Miami area.  FtL is definitely more affordable than the other 2.  Florida is wierd.... you can have shanty stucco houses for blocks and then have nice Developments 5 mins away.

What do you do for a living?  I ask cuz i couldn’t possibly move with work.  And the job opportunities are way less in Florida for most career fields.

i am glad to hear your done with Cali.  A lot of people on here have been very critical of me for being a conservative, but all I want is small government and freedom.  It’s an absolute shame what’s happened to California from the Reagan years til now.  That decline is absolutely linked to the change to a far, far left political system.  The same best friend / business partner of mine moved to Weed Valley, CA by Sacramento after my indictment and subsequent state vacation.  He runs a few small weed farms up there and lives off the grid... very isolated.  Even he’s felt the pain from the government.  

• Like 1