This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

what you guys think of DOGE

If Elon Musk keeps advertising it, and he get's other celebrities to mention it on social media, it will continue to move.  I don't know if it will ever be relevant and actually worth something, but it's fun to watch while Elon Musk is manipulating it's market.  You can probably invest your extra change into just for fun, but I don't think it's ever going to become a relevant currency or anything.  I mean it couldn't hurt to invest some extra change, because if something crazy does hypothetically happen, like Elon Musk takes it over and turns it into a relevant currency, then you may be sitting on a gold mine.  But who knows if that will ever actually happen.

Has anyone here ever tried to write an article for any of the Raiders websites?  I've always wanted to write articles on some of the websites that cover the Raider but I've never had the opportunity.  I'm seriously willing to do it for free.  I just enjoy talking Raiders football.

43 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Has anyone here ever tried to write an article for any of the Raiders websites?  I've always wanted to write articles on some of the websites that cover the Raider but I've never had the opportunity.  I'm seriously willing to do it for free.  I just enjoy talking Raiders football.

I got a very very low paid offer to write for ESPN insider or whatever it was that bought them out years ago.... it was a long time ago.  But when I submitted by info they found out I was 14 and canned me immediately.  I was so mad lol.  

Some of the context I read on these justblogbaby silverandblack etc type blog sites are so poorly done.... I really think they let anyone write whose willing to provide content.  None of them have any insider info.  It’s just someone willing to take the time to write.  Email them a sample article and see if they’ll take ya?  What’s the worse that can happen? They say no thanks?  Well your out an hour of your time, who cares.  Go for it man.... you have good insights.  I will say they do tend to avoid controversial topics, so maybe pick a article that isn’t too opinionated.  Don’t sell out and go full click bate mode but just be smart about picking the article you submit.

I suggest maybe passing some article topics by everyone here to see what interests people.  I think that the article you pick is just as important to get their attention as what you say... given the fact that these short blogs don’t have a ton of research put into them.  I would say I’d like to see topics that have a bit more insight personally.

What topics ideas do you have?  I wouldn’t post it here first you want to give them the first read.... but feel free to PM me.

One article I could see being good is “Raiders potential draft replacements for Trent Brown and the offensive line” where youn can discuss the likely available OTs in rounds 2-4 and any Upcoming FAs or likely cuts like Riley Reiff.  
There’s a good amount of OTs to discuss and you can say the Raiders could look to reduce the cost of the OL and look to draft a RT and G.  Give your opinion on which prospects best for our scheme and team.  
That idea does have my own opinion imbedded in it so if you disagree then find something else you believe in.

Investigate how lengthy the articles tend to be and try follow the format they use.  I write way to long To ever make a site like That.  Personally, I think making clips to imbed in the article to show the prospects skills would be a good way to limit the length but also give insight that most articles lack.

Edited by jimkelly02

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I got a very very low paid offer to write for ESPN insider or whatever it was that bought them out years ago.... it was a long time ago.  But when I submitted by info they found out I was 14 and canned me immediately.  I was so mad lol.  

Some of the context I read on these justblogbaby silverandblack etc type blog sites are so poorly done.... I really think they let anyone write whose willing to provide content.  None of them have any insider info.  It’s just someone willing to take the time to write.  Email them a sample article and see if they’ll take ya?  What’s the worse that can happen? They say no thanks?  Well your out an hour of your time, who cares.  Go for it man.... you have good insights.  I will say they do tend to avoid controversial topics, so maybe pick a article that isn’t too opinionated.  Don’t sell out and go full click bate mode but just be smart about picking the article you submit.

I suggest maybe passing some article topics by everyone here to see what interests people.  I think that the article you pick is just as important to get their attention as what you say... given the fact that these short blogs don’t have a ton of research put into them.  I would say I’d like to see topics that have a bit more insight personally.

What topics ideas do you have?  I wouldn’t post it here first you want to give them the first read.... but feel free to PM me.

One article I could see being good is “Raiders potential draft replacements for Trent Brown and the offensive line” where youn can discuss the likely available OTs in rounds 2-4 and any Upcoming FAs or likely cuts like Riley Reiff.  
There’s a good amount of OTs to discuss and you can say the Raiders could look to reduce the cost of the OL and look to draft a RT and G.  Give your opinion on which prospects best for our scheme and team.  
That idea does have my own opinion imbedded in it so if you disagree then find something else you believe in.

Investigate how lengthy the articles tend to be and try follow the format they use.  I write way to long To ever make a site like That.  Personally, I think making clips to imbed in the article to show the prospects skills would be a good way to limit the length but also give insight that most articles lack.

I saw a piece about potential players we may add to fit Bradley's scheme.  It was trash.  I wanted it to be much more in-depth.  I think the same way you do, the articles on justblogbaby, silverandblack, and raidersbeat are pathetic.  They're short and speculative.  There's rarely any analysis actually provided.  The Athletic is obviously really good/great, but you have to pay for their articles.  I want to be able to provide better content for free.  I think when I get home I'm going to try to piece together some articles for submission.  Maybe in-depth looks at some of the players that are being projected to us in the draft.  I could take your example/suggestion on potential draft replacements for the OL and run with that as well.  I get home in 11 days.  I may bounce some ideas off of you when I get home.  

As for writing too long for the aforementioned sites, so do I, but I think a lot of people are left wanting for more after reading a lot of the articles they provide.  Sometimes I want to spend a good 10-15 minutes reading about the topics they're advertising.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I saw a piece about potential players we may add to fit Bradley's scheme.  It was trash.  I wanted it to be much more in-depth.  I think the same way you do, the articles on justblogbaby, silverandblack, and raidersbeat are pathetic.  They're short and speculative.  There's rarely any analysis actually provided.  The Athletic is obviously really good/great, but you have to pay for their articles.  I want to be able to provide better content for free.  I think when I get home I'm going to try to piece together some articles for submission.  Maybe in-depth looks at some of the players that are being projected to us in the draft.  I could take your example/suggestion on potential draft replacements for the OL and run with that as well.  I get home in 11 days.  I may bounce some ideas off of you when I get home.  

As for writing too long for the aforementioned sites, so do I, but I think a lot of people are left wanting for more after reading a lot of the articles they provide.  Sometimes I want to spend a good 10-15 minutes reading about the topics they're advertising.

Why don't you start your own blog and have guest FF writers if you can't produce on a daily basis, as you say the articles I read on the above sites aren't very insightful and can't take long to compile. There's much more insight here in fact........ 😀

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Why don't you start your own blog and have guest FF writers if you can't produce on a daily basis, as you say the articles I read on the above sites aren't very insightful and can't take long to compile. There's much more insight here in fact........ 😀

That's legitimately true.  Our in-depth discussions and back and forth arguments on all things Raiders are much more interesting than the articles provided by these mediocre sites.  I'll look into it.  I don't have a good internet connection to really sit down and do it but it is definitely something I want to look into when I get home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

Where’s you go? Vacation or something?  

yeah lmk if you want a proof read or whatever... I’m around.  

Personally I think a writing style that brings a good amount of info and isn’t the speculative puff piece on these blogs but isn’t so long as so lose the readers attention Is the way to go.  As I said before id really enjoy articles that have some clips.  For example, if your advocating for a prospect and pointing out his skills it’d be great to have a few Twitter stultifying clips to show plays they’ve made that show these traits.

Edited by jimkelly02

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Where’s you go? Vacation or something?  

yeah lmk if you want a proof read or whatever... I’m around.  

Personally I think a writing style that brings a good amount of info and isn’t the speculative puff piece on these blogs but isn’t so long as so lose the readers attention Is the way to go.  As I said before id really enjoy articles that have some clips.  For example, if your advocating for a prospect and pointing out his skills it’d be great to have a few Twitter stultifying clips to show plays they’ve made that show these traits.

I'm currently deployed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...