This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Where at?  The market is bananas right now.

He's in Canada, market might be fine there.

I wouldn't touch buying a house in America right now. Unless a couple is making six figures each, they are going to be near house poor. 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:24 AM, drfrey13 said:

They started to raise rates before covid and the markets started to show weakness.  In September 2019 the Fed had already stepped in to help the repo markets with billions.  Not saying markets are going to crash because people have been sounding that alarm for 5 years now but as prices increase the risk increases.  We are currently at the same price level, when adjusted for inflation, as the last crash.

There was some crazy stuff happening before covid and many don't remember or even notice. I said it's a game of musical chairs and instead of 1 being pulled from the 100 it's 95 pulled. The music is playing again now and the 'game' is being played still.

1 hour ago, G said:

There was some crazy stuff happening before covid and many don't remember or even notice. I said it's a game of musical chairs and instead of 1 being pulled from the 100 it's 95 pulled. The music is playing again now and the 'game' is being played still.

This next year could be crazy if the government removes all the restrictions.  I lean left in politics but am more free market when it comes to the economy.  I studied econ in college and I have to admit I am scared if the restrictions are removed to fast it could spiral out of control pretty fast.  I am also excited because with pain also comes opportunity.  Right now there is very little of each but we are just treating symptoms of something much bigger.  We are only dealing with the pain and not the disease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

This next year could be crazy if the government removes all the restrictions.  I lean left in politics but am more free market when it comes to the economy.  I studied econ in college and I have to admit I am scared if the restrictions are removed to fast it could spiral out of control pretty fast.  I am also excited because with pain also comes opportunity.  Right now there is very little of each but we are just treating symptoms of something much bigger.  We are only dealing with the pain and not the disease.

Fully agree with all of this. Housing market is being artificially inflated in many ways. Once restrictions are removed, it'll be very interesting. And I agree, with pain comes opportunity. There is literally zero opportunity right now in this housing market and it sucks. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 1:41 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

My GF and I are looking to buy our first home. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! From mortgages, to things you'd avoid, to things you wish you thought about when buying, etc.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Putting an offer in on a home today. 😳

On 6/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Conditionally purchased a house boys. Pending financing and the inspection passes.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iwf7rkfsxenx2odyy0

Officially a home owner boys.

tenor.gif

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Read an article and they brought up the unofficial sack leader.  They were researching sacks back to 1960.  They wrote that one player had 23 sacks his rookie season.  I provided an excerpt below to share with everyone.

And while Turney had previously credited and written on his Pro Football Journal site about Al “Bubba” Baker’s 23-sack rookie season with the Lions in 1978, seeing the numbers legitimized at Pro Football Reference resulted in emotional validation for Baker.

Michael Strahan is the official single-season record holder with 22.5 sacks. But appearing on the Around the NFL podcast, Baker said knowing that his 23-sack season has been validated as the record by so many, albeit not officially, brought him to tears.

“For some reason, and I’m not kidding you, without any prompting, tears just started running down my eyes,” Baker told hosts Dan Hanzus, Gregg Rosenthal and Patrick Claybon on the Around the NFL podcast.

“My wife was inside. I opened up the patio doors. And my wife, first thing she said was, ‘What’s wrong?'” Baker added. “And I said, ‘nothing’s wrong,’ and I said, ‘come look at this.’ And, you know, we hugged and then I lost about an hour and a half, two hours. My daughter called. It was really emotional for my family. I guess at 6-foot-8, 290 pounds, that doesn’t sound really tough, but we were all crying. Somebody tells you you’re a sack leader, and what do you do, you start crying. And I guess it’s because none of us really sat around like some players and, ‘We want this, and we want that.’ We hadn’t thought about it for at least, for at least, I’m not kidding you, 20 years.”

I love pro football.

• Like 1