This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Any fun ideas/suggestions fellas!?

I got a ton. 

1. Make it industrial looking. Pipes, ducts, put murals on the walls

2. Finish it. Put bead board on the walls, use flat pieces of cheap lumber (1x6's) and stain them/paint them and cover up the exposed ceiling. Add molding and it would look super finished, and would be cheap. Use the same lumber to cover up your columns to have them match the ceiling. 

3. You could texture the heck out of the concrete. 

4. I put hardwood flooring in my basement when I finished mine, used a light tan color and it really brightened it up and made it feel warmer. 

5. Add a murphy bed. We added 3 in our basement. Great for kids or guests. 

6. Add a projector against the wall, get a retractable projector sheet between the joists. 

7. Add arcade games. (Arcade 1 Up has a ton for cheap), darts, tv's. We do the draft in our basement and I cover the wall in paper and we do a hand draft board. 

8.Framing is easy. You can frame out your boiler and cover it in sheetrock/beadboard/etc and paint it to make it look closed off and finished. You can create a frame against the wall or parts of the wall and create recessed lighting that looks built into the wall. Wall niche's that are recessed that you can put artwork in and make it all lit up and purty 

• Like 2

Nevada Wolf Pack fans often mockingly call UNLV "Nevada Southern" which was its former name prior to 1969.

This must be pretty frustrating for those in the UNLV camp. So I propose a name change to Nevada Tech University (Nevada State is already taken by Nevada State College) to allow the Las Vegas institution to forge its own identity separate from University of Nevada in Reno.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:45 PM, NickButera said:

Anyone see NFL Blitz partnered with Arcade 1 Up to come out with an affordable NFL Blitz arcade cabinet? I totally got one for christmas already 😂chrome-image-Nov-17-2022-5-42-40-PM-PST.

Almost got the nba jams one but I decided to be responsible and buy the washer n dryer I needed. 🤦🏽‍♂️

• 5 weeks later...

The missus bought me Madden 23 for Christmas 😀 and I haven’t played Madden for years, regularly since about the Madden 08 edition or something.

Anyway, pleased to get that and the tributes to Madden but I noticed a lot of the advertised ‘new features’ were already in my really old PS2 copy of Madden 08. Has anyone else found that the franchise mode (I only play franchise offline) is actually not as in depth as the old Madden 04, Madden 08 etc??

Obviously lots of shiny new presentation and the visuals are nice but I don’t think the depth is as good as I was expecting from 15 years or supposed improvement………. What do you guys think??

On 12/26/2022 at 2:05 AM, Darbsk said:

The missus bought me Madden 23 for Christmas 😀 and I haven’t played Madden for years, regularly since about the Madden 08 edition or something.

Anyway, pleased to get that and the tributes to Madden but I noticed a lot of the advertised ‘new features’ were already in my really old PS2 copy of Madden 08. Has anyone else found that the franchise mode (I only play franchise offline) is actually not as in depth as the old Madden 04, Madden 08 etc??

Obviously lots of shiny new presentation and the visuals are nice but I don’t think the depth is as good as I was expecting from 15 years or supposed improvement………. What do you guys think??

PS3 and onwards franchise mode has been terrible and neglected. Last great franchise mode was Madden 08 on PS2. You quit at the exact right time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

PS3 and onwards franchise mode has been terrible and neglected. Last great franchise mode was Madden 08 on PS2. You quit at the exact right time. 

Yeh, it seems like it’s more window dressing that actual depth or any kind of advancement. It’s not terrible but I was expecting more to be honest having not played seriously for ages. The presentation is great and all but there are things in the older ones that I thought would be enhanced and taken to the next level by now, I was expecting to find something new and amazing and it just seems like a conscious move to promote the MUT micro transaction aspects which is just not for me. Shame EA don’t have the competition like they used to!

Might have to get up the shed, dust my old PS2 off and crank up an ancient version to get the immersion I like……..

Edited by Darbsk

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m interested in seeing the new rules. Should make games complete faster

It really is speeding it up. I think it’s averaging taking off about twenty minutes per game along with the new pickoff rules. I sat down to watch the Braves spring training game on Saturday and was a little startled at how quick it felt like it went by.