Opening Game: Reported to be the Vikings (Thu/Sept 6th)

Kiltman

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Never been to Philly before. Thinking about making my first trip for this game.

Nice man, I think single game tickets go on sale in May. If I were ever to go to game at the Linc, opening night this year would be it. That place will be electric that night. I’m absolutely going to keep an eye on it too. 

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

like what mental gymnastics do vikings fan go through to think they were good enough to beat the pats? i really dont get the salt. 

It was never about that. They were so sure that the Vikings were winning. It was a foregone conclusion. If you remember back to their thread at the time, there was more debate about who theyd rather play in the SB than there was Eagles talk. 

Never understood how they could be confident. How was Keenum against our D away any advantage over Foles against theirs at home? 

Was saying it the whole time; if we were making the conference championship I wanted Minnesota. We were just as fortunate as them that they miracled themselves into beating the Saints. 

7 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I'll quote Naughty by Nature: "If you ain't ever been to the ghetto, don't ever come to the ghetto. Cause you wouldn't understand the ghetto. So, stay the **** out of the ghetto."

Its clear we take sports serious and generally are more territorial in the northeast. We're provincial and tough on outsiders. It's something bred in us. This is our NFL team. You may thinks it's fun to go to Aunt Betty's and Uncle Petes on Sundays and eat polish sausage and sauerkraut watching the Vikings in Minnesota on Sunday. That's your team, you can do what you want there. If I walked into someone else's backyard, disrespecting them, I'd expect a confrontation. Midwest sensibilities don't fly all over the world. Maybe that's a bad thing but it's the truth. So, maybe don't come to Philly no more. Maybe stay away. Maybe think twice wearing your teams colors in our backyard cheering for our demise. Sorry, but we are offended by that. Silly or not. And some people get emotional and do dumb things while upset.

I played a lot of basketball growing up. My friends would take me all over. My buddy and I took the bus to play in Camden one afternoon and played all day. Everything was cool and fine. People looked at me a little sideways being the only white boy but were very cool with me. It was about time to leave and a kid came up to say goodbye to us and he made sure to tell me to get my butt back on the bus before the street lights came on. Something I never forgot. Sometimes you need some self awareness and not pretend everything's going to be just fine all the time. Sometimes you need to have the foresight to protect your best interests and sometimes that's self preservation. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I'll quote Naughty by Nature: "If you ain't ever been to the ghetto, don't ever come to the ghetto. Cause you wouldn't understand the ghetto. So, stay the **** out of the ghetto."

Its clear we take sports serious and generally are more territorial in the northeast. We're provincial and tough on outsiders. It's something bred in us. This is our NFL team. You may thinks it's fun to go to Aunt Betty's and Uncle Petes on Sundays and eat polish sausage and sauerkraut watching the Vikings in Minnesota on Sunday. That's your team, you can do what you want there. If I walked into someone else's backyard, disrespecting them, I'd expect a confrontation. Midwest sensibilities don't fly all over the world. Maybe that's a bad thing but it's the truth. So, maybe don't come to Philly no more. Maybe stay away. Maybe think twice wearing your teams colors in our backyard cheering for our demise. Sorry, but we are offended by that. Silly or not. And some people get emotional and do dumb things while upset.

I played a lot of basketball growing up. My friends would take me all over. My buddy and I took the bus to play in Camden one afternoon and played all day. Everything was cool and fine. People looked at me a little sideways being the only white boy but were very cool with me. It was about time to leave and a kid came up to say goodbye to us and he made sure to tell me to get my butt back on the bus before the street lights came on. Something I never forgot. Sometimes you need some self awareness and not pretend everything's going to be just fine all the time. Sometimes you need to have the foresight to protect your best interests and sometimes that's self preservation. 

Im a Vikings fan and I’ll admit that I’ve never been to the east coast. I’ve lived in Alaska and Minnesota my whole life. I think this guy summed it up pretty well.. midwesterners are brought up differently. We hold doors for each other and are generally nice to each other. From talking to people I know that have been out east it’s very different there. I realize you guys think we live in the cornfields and are naive and soft but man am I damn glad to have been raised with these values.. you couldn’t pay me to live out east with all the congestion smog and rudeness.. good luck in September fellas

Archived