Opening Game: Reported to be the Vikings (Thu/Sept 6th)

Kiltman

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Was saying it the whole time; if we were making the conference championship I wanted Minnesota. We were just as fortunate as them that they miracled themselves into beating the Saints. 

Yup. Me as well.

Brees >>>> Keenum

All that experience and the clutchness of their offense. Not to mention a superior running game. The Miracle for Minnesota was all fine and dandy, but it was more luck than anything else. 

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yup. Me as well.

Brees >>>> Keenum

All that experience and the clutchness of their offense. Not to mention a superior running game. The Miracle for Minnesota was all fine and dandy, but it was more luck than anything else. 

yeah i actually think we would have lost to the saints if we played them. I dont think we match up well with them. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah i actually think we would have lost to the saints if we played them. I dont think we match up well with them. 

They probably didn't match up as well with the Saints but with the hot streak Doug and Foles were on I don't think it mattered who they played. 

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

It would have been a good game. I don't know that we lose or not though. It was actually hard to tell what teams in the NFC were actually good. All of us played against abysmal competition all year. Everyone just assumed the Vikings were great until they played us. I think everyone assumes the Saints were a good team but we never got to measure them against us. I do think Brees dumping off to Kamara over and over would have been a problem, but I don't know that we lose that game.

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to what most Eagles fans seem to be thinking, I see this as being a very tough matchup for both teams.  You guys simply outplayed us last time, and I won't offer any excuses.  All I will say is that you would be naive to expect such an easy game in Week One.  It should be a great game.  Here's hoping there are no major injuries on either side, and may the best team win!  Congratulations on a well deserved Super Bowl win, and we will see you in September. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Contrary to what most Eagles fans seem to be thinking, I see this as being a very tough matchup for both teams.  You guys simply outplayed us last time, and I won't offer any excuses.  All I will say is that you would be naive to expect such an easy game in Week One.  It should be a great game.  Here's hoping there are no major injuries on either side, and may the best team win!  Congratulations on a well deserved Super Bowl win, and we will see you in September. 

you were out coached last time and seeing as our coach and your coach are the same why should we think anything differs?

38 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

you were out coached last time and seeing as our coach and your coach are the same why should we think anything differs?

I think the entire team had a letdown after the last second win against the Saints.  If you look through history after last-second wins have occurred in the playoffs, the winning teams almost always lost the following week.   Mike Zimmer said in an interview that he thought he underestimated the effect it would have on the team.  Take this for what it's worth, I guess.  If you think you are that much better than we are, more power to you.  I disagree.  I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I will be absolutely stunned if our next meeting is equally one-sided.  I wouldn't be surprised by a win by either team.  It's a long time until Week 1 rolls around.  It should be a good game.  The league probably thinks the same, or otherwise, why would they have scheduled it that way?

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's a long time until Week 1 rolls around.  It should be a good game.  The league probably thinks the same, or otherwise, why would they have scheduled it that way?

Way to early for anyone to be calling for a Guaranteed Win at this point. To many things can and usually do occur 6 months before the season.

However, whether it's a blowout or close the Eagles do have a legit Home field advantage at the Linc these days. So as a Vikings fan I wouldn't expect a Win but be pleasantly surprised if it did occurred. Just saying.

Archived