Can the Giants seriously pass on a QB at 2??!!

brownie man

What will the Giants end up doing?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Giants do?

• Stay at 2 and select their young Franchise QB
    • Stay at 2 and draft Barkley or Nelson to go along with their 37 year old declining QB
    • Trade down and fill holes and build for the future while filling the needs of the present

16 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Win/Loss. UCLA is a team that is perpetually stacked with top talent, and they never managed to win at their expectations. 

While it's not all on Rosen, he's had his share of big blunders that did lead to the underachieving.

I would be hard pressed to say that UCLAs offense outside Rosen was stacked in any sense of the word

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Where are you magically gonna find a young QB better than Rosen

I know Giants fans have been pretty lucky

but you can’t expect this to come around again 

and if it does it meant Eli was trash

your not going to find a QB option as good as Rosen unless you are picking top 3 again. 

No one is saying play the young QB but you gotta draft him or you’ll be in Denver’s situation pretending your signed Case Kennum is a franchise guy. Playing the Trevor Siemians, Brock Osweilers, and Paxton Lynch’s of the world because some knucklehead in the FO acted based on him living in some fairyland thinking he can get a franchise QB later. 

UNLESS ELI BOMBS YOU WILL NOT BE IN AS GOOD AS A SITUATION AS RIGHT NOW TO SECURE THE FUTURE OF YOUR FRANCHISE. 

A GUARD OR A RUNNINGBACK ARE NOT GOING TO GET YOU TO THE SUPERBOWL OR SECURE YOUR FUTURE 

If you pass on Rosen now you’ll become Denver in no mans land hoping a QB falls to you or having to mortgage the Future to trade up for one and pretending the next Case Kennum was your number 1 option all along. 

I hope for your team y’all don’t do this 

I like Rosen and if we were to draft a QB then it’d be him but I don’t think we have to go QB. A guard absolutely makes us better now and in the future. And there are gonna be plenty more opportunities for us to draft QBs. Y”all need to stop acting like this outdated model is the only way to go. 

Pat Shurmur has worked with QBs, that’s why one of the reasons why he was hired. We got Davis Webb, part of Pat Shurmurs job is to help in developing these QBs. Well we have a young QB, Pat (who liked Davis Webb when they were evaluating him last year) should give him a shot and in the mean time build that offensive line for Eli give it one last go and also for the next QB.

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I like Rosen and if we were to draft a QB then it’d be him but I don’t think we have to go QB. A guard absolutely makes us better now and in the future. And there are gonna be plenty more opportunities for us to draft QBs. Y”all need to stop acting like this outdated model is the only way to go. 

Pat Shurmur has worked with QBs, that’s why one of the reasons why he was hired. We got Davis Webb, part of Pat Shurmurs job is to help in developing these QBs. Well we have a young QB, Pat (who liked Davis Webb when they were evaluating him last year) should give him a shot and in the mean time build that offensive line for Eli give it one last go and also for the next QB.

lol what

This is one of those years where I really don’t like the QB class. It reminds me of 2006. Barkley  has a really awkward (and I watch Rivers) throwing motion and is not as pro ready as advertised. Both Jackson and Allen are more athletes then Quarterbacks. Rosen is physically my favorite Quarterback in the draft but there is too much smoke being thrown up about his personality to make me want to invest a top five Pick in him. Physically Leaf was a monster too but they said the same thing about his lack of leadership and concerns with being able to handle the media. 

Giants should trade down, reload. They aren’t a franchise quarterback away from competing. If they really wanted a QB here they should have traded Manning. Tyrod Taylor got a third after all. 

17 hours ago, brownie man said:

UNLESS ELI BOMBS YOU WILL NOT BE IN AS GOOD AS A SITUATION AS RIGHT NOW TO SECURE THE FUTURE OF YOUR FRANCHISE. 

... unless? I thought the whole point of drafting a QB at 2 was BECAUSE he was going to bomb. Which is it? Because if you draft Barkley or Nelson and the Giants then go 10-6, that's a pretty successful turnaround. Nobody will be wringing their hands saying "Oh, we had a winning season, but WE MISSED OUT ON ROSEN!"

And if Eli bombs - fire up the scouting tape on Drew Lock, Nick Fitzgerald or Kelly Bryant (Lock is probably going to go down as a better prospect than Rosen anyways). At least if they bomb, you know that Lock/Fitzgerald/Bryant is going to walk into a choice situation.

(All of the above is contingent that the Giants don't maneuver to draft Lamar Jackson, of course. I don't know why you're assuming that's not on the table with 2.2 as well as picks in 2019).

One of these guys will be available in the second. There won’t be five quarterbacks take. In the first round. None of these guys are sure fire franchise quarterbacks. Don’t overpay, let someone else do it. Take the best available player after trading down. Take your QB in the second if you really feel you need to bring that guy in now. Eli isn’t the Giants #1 problem and still has value as a starter and as a trade commodity. 

19 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

One of these guys will be available in the second. There won’t be five quarterbacks take. In the first round. None of these guys are sure fire franchise quarterbacks. Don’t overpay, let someone else do it.

I doubt it. I think the top 4 all go before #11, and someone will bite and/or trade up for Jackson.

2 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

One of these guys will be available in the second. There won’t be five quarterbacks take. In the first round. None of these guys are sure fire franchise quarterbacks. Don’t overpay, let someone else do it. Take the best available player after trading down. Take your QB in the second if you really feel you need to bring that guy in now. Eli isn’t the Giants #1 problem and still has value as a starter and as a trade commodity. 

Oh just like when the Broncos drafted Brock in the 2nd round when they had Peyton Manning 

now look at them 

you got a franchise QB staring you in the face

you'll be in mediocrity and torment you pass on a QB at 2

Archived