Raiders sign Josh Johnson QB

big_palooka

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Most likely just here to be a camp arm and help others learn Grudens lingo

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He is Marshawn's cousin.

11 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Smh. We better try to find a real backup. No way in hell we can go into the season with just him and Cook.

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a QB this year with our multitude of late picks.

I agree. He also is Oakland born and raised.

But I bet the QB selected will be a low pick (6th rd-ish) and Johnson will still be the #2.

31 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

But I bet the QB selected will be a low pick (6th rd-ish) and Johnson will still be the #2.

If Johnson is the #2, that is a massive fail on two fronts. 1) Means Cook is cooked. 2) Means they didn't add anyone better.

Carr has missed games the last 2 seasons. You can't expect John Johnson to fill that role. 

My guess... the backup QB isn't on the roster at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If Johnson is the #2, that is a massive fail on two fronts. 1) Means Cook is cooked. 2) Means they didn't add anyone better.

Carr has missed games the last 2 seasons. You can't expect John Johnson to fill that role. 

My guess... the backup QB isn't on the roster at the moment. 

Doesn't necessarily mean Cook is cooked if he isn't judged to be as good an option as Johnson, who knows Gruden and his style and is a vet.

Plus the FA crop of QB isn't promising. You can make cases for guys like Geno Smith or Blaine Gabbert but it's not a wide margin when scheme and style familiarity are considered.

19 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Do you think he should?

On talent alone, I do. Kaep could start for a number of teams. As a backup, he'd offer a change up to Carr's skillset and have trade value to team who needs a starter.

Also.... if Al Davis was here, Kaep would be a Raider. There is zero doubt in my mind. Davis was the anti-NFL Believed in these type players. I truly miss owners who don't cower to the NFL's leadership. 

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

On talent alone, I do. Kaep could start for a number of teams. As a backup, he'd offer a change up to Carr's skillset and have trade value to team who needs a starter.

Also.... if Al Davis was here, Kaep would be a Raider. There is zero doubt in my mind. Davis was the anti-NFL Believed in these type players. I truly miss owners who don't cower to the NFL's leadership. 

I think SOME teams reluctance has less to do with NFL leadership and more to do with distractions.

I'm also VERY glad we aren't basing personal decisions on what Al would do.

Archived