What Could Have Been?

AkronsWitness

Posted in another thread about a player and figured there had to be others out there like him.

What are some players that could have been great but for some reason never panned out like you would have hoped because of injury, off-field or flash in a pan seasons?

The one that comes to mind for me was Knowshon Moreno. I remember him being so explosive at UGA and always thought he was going to tear this league a new one once he arrived but he battled multiple knee injuries and couldnt stay healthy for his career. He had a few really good years, but overall never put together the whole package for a extended period of time and I really thought he could have had a great career with better health.

Are there others out there like this? What could have been type guys?

NaVorro Bowman. 

He arguably should have won the DPOY in 2013 and looked like he was heading towards Canton.....and then he completely shreds his knee against Seattle and hasn't been the same since. The one year where he close to his old self, he tears his Achilles. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NaVorro Bowman. 

He arguably should have won the DPOY in 2013 and looked like he was heading towards Canton.....and then he completely shreds his knee against Seattle and hasn't been the same since. The one year where he close to his old self, he tears his Achilles. 

I remember that play that he tore his knee up so well. So brutal. He was such a good linebacker in his prime. 

Tommie Harris was the best 3T in the NFL (IMO) but fell off a cliff due to injuries

Henry Melton was a pass rushing beast for a while before injuries

Johnny Knox was becoming one of the best deep threats in the NFL, not a true number one but his speed was elite.

Cutler was demonized by the media, but we ruined him in Chicago with garbage coaching and staff. By the time we had talent around him and some semblance of an offensive scheme, he was a ruined product.

Aldon Smith 

Shawne Merriman

Bob Sanders

Albert Haynesworth

Justin Blackmon

Victor Cruz

Theres probably a ton of guys that actually did have pretty good careers but could’ve been great if they had worked harder. Idk how hard of a worker Mario Williams was but the way he fell off the face of the earth after he got the big contract with Buffalo and retired fairly young gives me assumptions 

50 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Aldon Smith 

Shawne Merriman

Bob Sanders

Albert Haynesworth

Justin Blackmon

Victor Cruz

Theres probably a ton of guys that actually did have pretty good careers but could’ve been great if they had worked harder. Idk how hard of a worker Mario Williams was but the way he fell off the face of the earth after he got the big contract with Buffalo and retired fairly young gives me assumptions 

Bob Sanders is a great one. Man he was such a beast but just couldnt stay 100% for the life of him.

Archived