Should The Commish Punish This Behavior In A Dynasty League?

the lone star

Should The Commish Punish This Behavior In A Dynasty League?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Commish Punish This Behavior In A Dynasty League?

• No. Just create new rules for next year so that it anti-tanking is clear to everyone and that it doesn't happen again
    • Yes. Change the way to calculate the draft order.
    • Yes. Remove the owner from the league.
    • Yes. Take a draft pick away from the tanking owner.
    • Yes. Fine the owner an amount of FAAB dollars.
    • Yes. Force the owner to pay extra in dues to play again next year.
    • Yes. Only move the tanking team back in the draft. Don't affect anybody else.
    • Other (specify below)

On 9/18/2019 at 10:43 AM, Leader said:

Prima facia evidence why dynasty, legacy or "holdover leagues" are a waste of time.

If a guy wants to tank his season - hold on to his players and enhance his draft status the year following fine - get rid of it all.

No holding players over. All the available players go back into the general pool at the beginning of each year - and draft ranking is selected randomly.

Done.

That gives everybody equal shot at all the talent as well as potential to draft #1.

Easy as pie. FF has been made more complicated than it need be cause, well....thats what people do. Take a simple, fair and equitable system and glom it on with all sorts of extra, unnecessary stuff.

Everyone likes different things. I've played in a 16 team dynasty league where we also had to start 8 IDPs each week. I'm trying to create a league where you have to start punters too, lol.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:43 AM, Leader said:

Prima facia evidence why dynasty, legacy or "holdover leagues" are a waste of time.

If a guy wants to tank his season - hold on to his players and enhance his draft status the year following fine - get rid of it all.

No holding players over. All the available players go back into the general pool at the beginning of each year - and draft ranking is selected randomly.

Done.

That gives everybody equal shot at all the talent as well as potential to draft #1.

Easy as pie. FF has been made more complicated than it need be cause, well....thats what people do. Take a simple, fair and equitable system and glom it on with all sorts of extra, unnecessary stuff.

Different strokes for different folks. I know a lot of people that do both redraft and dynasty and don't want either option going away.

4 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Different strokes for different folks. I know a lot of people that do both redraft and dynasty and don't want either option going away.

Agree...was just making a comment. Since I'm not in the league, I've go no say. I just prefer it being a clean slate and even each year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What are anti-tanking rules, anyway?

Do you tell an owner that he can't start Jaylen Samuels over James Conner because Conner is better?
What if Samuels gets more carries?
Maybe the Steelers are resigned to being out of the playoffs and aren't likely to give Conner as many carries.
Maybe what is evident to them is not to us, ie. Conner is more injured than we though.
What about Benny Snell?
Let's say he has all three.  Then what?
(Don't even get me started on Trey Edmunds.)

I mean, if the guy starts six guys, or even one, who is on IR and hasn't played and isn't going to play, fine.
Censure him.

But, in most circumstances it has to be hella-obvious, like starting Peyton Barber over Christian McCaffrey.
Even then, though, in the first meeting between TB and CAR, McCaffrey was outscored by Barber by over eight points.
Maybe that is his logic in game two.  Or maybe he just doesn't want to win.
Who really knows?  But, even obvious may not be that obvious.

Furthermore, there will be a game in the NFL in week 16 where some team who is hopelessly out of the playoffs meets a team jostling for a bye.
Somebody good will sit.  Someone else will excel.
That is football.  We play fantasy football.

Also, what is he really going to get?
It is as much about in-season management as it is about the draft.
Maybe he'll get Saquon Barkley.  Maybe he'll get Ki-Jana Carter.
If you are better than him, you'll still win.