Should The NFL Implement A Draft Lottery System?

the lone star

Should The NFL Implement A Draft Lottery System?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NFL Implement A Draft Lottery System?

23 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Tanking is already non existent in the NFL (Yes there are rare cases see 2011 colts) but a lottery system wouldn't work in today's NFL.

I think it happens, but teams are usually able to justify it by poor QB play or something.

Not sure why so many think this is such an unreasonable idea. I am not sure I want a lottery system but I also don't think the NFL has a perfect system in place now. I'd at least be open to the idea. 

And sorry but tanking absolutely happens in the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

There's no doubt teams tanks, see the Colts "Suck for Luck" campaign. See Giants ownership last year with the Manning benching. I'd love to put a stop to those shenanigans.

Sometimes its not even as obvious as that. I'd argue the Rams "tanked" in 2016 when they benched Keenum for Goff. They were 4-5 at the time and lost their next 7 games. 

Now, I have no problem with their decision to go with Goff since he was clearly the future of the franchise but they likely win a few games down the stretch if Keenum remains the starter. To me, that is tanking and even though it wasn't specifically for draft position, its still tanking. 

Archived