Should The NFL Implement A Draft Lottery System?

the lone star

Should The NFL Implement A Draft Lottery System?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NFL Implement A Draft Lottery System?

20 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Agreed re:teams aren't purposefully being bad for extended stretches. I never said that they were, and if you inferred it from my previous point, then my apologies. The incentive would be for team executives of incompetent teams to reconsider the way they're running the team. At the same time, it would allow top talent to go to teams that have proven they're not a black hole. Why repeatedly give the top pick to a team that has shown, over an extended period of time, that it can't do anything with it?

Because the other option is screwing over the fans based on a team's history. It's not like the Browns have stuck with the same FO this entire time. They continue to try and change things up. It's simply not working. The Rams were crap for over a decade. Now, they look like a team poised to contend for the next decade. Stealing a team's future based on its past is silly.

A lottery would encourage more tanking. The NFL's 16 game season does more to make tanking a non-issue than any change to the draft you could propose. It's barely even a factor in the NFL.

Teams resting players late is worse for the on-field product than tanking.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Because the other option is screwing over the fans based on a team's history. It's not like the Browns have stuck with the same FO this entire time. They continue to try and change things up. It's simply not working. The Rams were crap for over a decade. Now, they look like a team poised to contend for the next decade. Stealing a team's future based on its past is silly.

Yeah. I still think it's a good idea, but I see your point. Agree to disagree.

Archived