v1.0 first rounder with several trades

paul-mac

Pick Team Player Comments
1 Cleveland Browns Sam Darnold, QB, USC Browns get the QB they've needed for years.
2 Buffalo Bills (from Giants) Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming Bills trade 12, 22, 53, 65 and 2018 1st rounder to the Giants for their man. The Giants now have 5 picks in the top 65 to surround Eli for one last shot at glory, and 2 firsts next year to trade up for his replacement if it doesn't work out.
3 New York Jets (from Colts) Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA Jets going up to 3 means they like all 3 of these guys. I don't think Rosen is their first pick but they like him enough to run to the podium.
4 Cleveland Browns (from Texans) Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State Browns signing Carlos Hyde and trying to extent Duke Johnson makes me think no Barkley. They'd like to move down here but I'm not sure anyone else wants to come up. Ward could be a plug and play shutdown corner.
5 Denver Broncos Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma I'll believe Case Keenum is more than just a bridge guy when I see it. The Broncos have been all over Mayfield since the senior bowl.
6 Indianapolis Colts (from Jets) Bradley Chubb, EDGE, NC State Indy's only decent pass rushers are journeymen Jabaal Sheard and John Simon
7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State Bucs end the fall of the draft's best player.
8 New York Giants (from Bears) Quentin Nelson, OG, Notre Dame After the earlier move back the GMen have some ammo to play with, so they trade 12 and 66 to snag the last elite prospect.
9 San Francisco 49ers Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama Probably not their biggest need but he is by far the best player on the board
10 Oakland Raiders Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame The Raiders need to find a successor for Donald Penn. I have a feeling McGlinchey will get pushed up the board due to OT scarcity in the same way that average OTs are getting paid a ton in free agency.
11 Miami Dolphins Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa You can never have too many good corners, some even have Jackson above Denzel Ward.
12 Chicago Bears (from Bengals via Bills via Giants) Derwin James, S, Florida State Bears have needed safety help for a while, and net an extra 3rd in doing so.
13 Washington Redskins Marcus Davenport, EDGE, UTSA The Skins could use a running mate for Ryan Kerrigan now that Trent Murphy is out of town.
14 Green Bay Packers Vita Vea, DL, Washington Much like his predecessor Ted Thompson, Brian Gutekunst will build this team from the trenches.
15 Arizona Cardinals Taven Bryan, DL, Florida First potential Lamar Jackson landing spot, but instead they choose to bring in a DE since Nkemdiche has looked like a bust.
16 Baltimore Ravens Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama Ravens continue the run on defensive linemen
17 Los Angeles Chargers Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia The Chargers have a great offense and would love to supplement that with a great defense. Adding the athletic Smith would really help.
18 Cincinnati Bengals (from Seahawks) Tremaine Edwards, LB, Virginia Tech Bengals trade up to replace the lost cause Vontaze Burfict. Seattle gains a fourth rounder, 112 overall. The Seahawks don't have many picks so are almost certain to move down.
19 Dallas Cowboys Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama Cowboys get the eventual replacement for Dez Bryant
20 Detroit Lions Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado Oliver is probably the first "second round grade" guy that could sneak into the first.
21 Cleveland Browns (from Seahawks) Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA Browns acquire 21 and 120 from Seattle for 33 and 64. They desperately need a LT candidate to replace Joe Thomas.
22 New York Giants (from Chiefs via Bills) Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville Giants need a corner to replace bust Eli Apple.
23 Los Angeles Rams Harold Landry, DE, Boston College Could mop up a ton of coverage sacks with Peters and Talib deep.
24 Carolina Panthers Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP Replacement for Andrew Norwell
25 New England Patriots (from Titans) Isaiah Wynn, OT, Georgia Pats trade up to nab the last true first round talent and replace Nate Solder. The Titans get picks 31 and 95.
26 Atlanta Falcons Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU Falcons take a flier to replace Taylor Gabriel's production.
27 New Orleans Saints Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan If the heart condition is a false flag he will shoot back up the boards.
28 Pittsburgh Steelers Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville Steelers pull a GB/Rodgers move at 28.
29 Jacksonville Jaguars Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M They need to try and replace Allen Robinson
30 Minnesota Vikings Arden Key, DE, LSU They take a chance on a talented but troubled pass rusher.
31 Tennessee Titans (from Patriots) Sony Michel, RB, Georgia Perfect foil for Derrick Henry.
32 Philadelphia Eagles Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina They let both Celek and Burton walk.

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I can't see the Falcons going WR in the first round when they have so many issues with their current DL contracts.

100% agree with this we only have 1 DT on the entire roster and none signed in FA with most of the good ones already gone with very little cap space.   I don't understand why a #3 or 4 WR would be a better 1st round pick than a starting DT when we still need 2 more DT's after the one in the 1st round to even fill out a roster with lol.   Plus you can sign a #3 or 4 WR in FA for like 3 to 4 mil a year compared to a legit starting DT which is gonna be like 8 to 10.  

Furthermore i wouldn't take a WR before a TE either in the 1st 3 rounds as we need a #2 TE for 2 TE sets more than a 3 or 4 WR who we actually have solid players to fill in there to replace gabriel if need be in Hardy, Williams, and Reggie.

With all that said i do like the way your Draft looks it is a very nice format and clean to look at Mac good job on the design for sure.   

As for the Pick Maurice Hurst would easily be the best option available there for us and we should look for another DT in rounds 2 or 3 as well if we are gonna have enough to fill a roster.

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

A big no thanks for the eagles. A 25 year old in round 1? bleh., 

Why ? He has good hands and can block. 25 but ready day 1. For a rebuilding team i would agree but for a team ready to contend (again) it makes sense to me.

Archived