v1.0 first rounder with several trades

paul-mac

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

Why ? He has good hands and can block. 25 but ready day 1. For a rebuilding team i would agree but for a team ready to contend (again) it makes sense to me.

We're still trying to get over Danny Watkins

13 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Why ? He has good hands and can block. 25 but ready day 1. For a rebuilding team i would agree but for a team ready to contend (again) it makes sense to me.

Eagles first two picks last year were 20 when we drafted them. Now we are going to turn around and draft someone doug pedersons age? 

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Eagles first two picks last year were 20 when we drafted them. Now we are going to turn around and draft someone doug pedersons age? 

And why not ? Listen, it is your team, you know it much more than me thats the first point. The second point is than im not saying they will do it with Hurst. But the third one is there is no rule. Dorsey found a gem in the third with Hunt but it does not mean he will pass FOR SURE on Barkley in the top 5. Mark Sanchez failed, does it mean the Jets will pass for sure on Sam Darnold because he comes from USC too ? And on and on. Hurst is good and ready day 1 and your team lost Celek and Burton. Not saying your #32 will be on a TE not to mention Hurst but i think it is a possibility and for a team "ready", it would not be dumb to take a player ready to contribute now.

The Packers have DL depth with Clark, Daniels, Wilkerson,  Lowry, and drafted M. Adams in the 3rd Round last year. Their defensive troubles have been getting after the QB and in the secondary so that isn't something I would think Vita V would help out with that the rest of the D-line isn't already doing.

Can't really quote that the way it's presented, so I will just write random comments.

I like the Denzel Ward to Cleveland pick.  It looks like a reach and it very well might be, but Cleveland has addressed a lot of their needs and imo outside cornerback is still one.  I haven't seen that in a lot of mocks, but I think it could very well happen.

I'm not sure about Indianapolis passing on Saquon Barkley.  Chubb makes sense (although seriously, what happened to Tarell Basham???), but I mean.... Barkley just seem to be far and away the top prospect in this year's draft and while Marlon Mack is good, I don't think they've invested enough to prevent a Barkley selection. 

San Francisco definitely does not need Fitzpatrick unless you think he can play outside corner.  Actually.... maybe....

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Oakland could draft McGlinchey at #10. 

Regarding Washington - What about Preston Smith and recently drafted Ryan Anderson?

If you look at Baltimore's depth chart, you'll notice almost all of their defensive linemen are third and fourth rounders.  That seems to be their M.O. regarding their DL.  I would be surprised to see them draft a DT in the first.

Bengals fans will probably have an issue with that pick.  As talented as Burfict is, he lets you down in the worst ways at the worst times.  I, however, do not.  I would be surprised if Edmunds is going to fall that far.

Most people view Isaiah Wynn as a guard.  Do you think he can play left tackle at the NFL level?

I think the Falcons could draft a WR too, but I'd be surprised to see them do so this early.  As far as I can tell, this is a deep WR draft and free agency has taken a severe bite out of their defensive line.

The Jaguars need to try and replace Allen Robinson - Do they though?  Their WR corps seemed just fine with Leelan Cole, Dede Westbrook and Jaydon Mickens.  At least that's what I've been told, I've never watched the Jaguars before in my life.  They also resigned Marquise Lee and signed Donte Moncrief as well as Austin Seferian-Jenkins. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, zappa13004 said:

What ? The guard ? Whats the comp', age ? Maybe teams should avoid Sam Darnold because Sanchez and Leinart failed...:D

Yeah..... wanting to avoid USC offensive skill position players because they didn't do well in the past.  That would be crazy..... no one would think that....  heh heh heh  *looks around nervously*

Derwin James to the Bears, interesting.  I like the trade down, but we need pass rushers.  Safety isn't exactly an area of concern, we could use depth there.  But we need pass rushers badly.  With both Edmunds and Roquan Smith on board, either of them would be good.

Archived