Colts sign Eric Ebron

marky mark

3 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Don't the colts already have Jack Doyle as a medicore overpaid TE? Why do they need another one?

Ebron has improved every year and has legit upside. Takes time for TE's to develop sometimes.

This is a great signing for Indy if they use him correctly. Was all about the Jaguars getting him, but I'm beyond satisfied with ASJ.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

2 years, $15 million doesn't seem like an overpay, really. Especially since the guaranteed money is probably far less.

It does for someone whose slacked off and hasn't reached his potential in 4 seasons, sure he's cuttable after 1 year but still seems like an overpay. 

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ebron has improved every year and has legit upside. Takes time for TE's to develop sometimes.

This is a great signing for Indy if they use him correctly. Was all about the Jaguars getting him, but I'm beyond satisfied with ASJ.

He's had 4 years and he hasn't gotten that much better than his second season, plus he's injury prone so ehhhh.

4 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

It does for someone whose slacked off and hasn't reached his potential in 4 seasons, sure he's cuttable after 1 year but still seems like an overpay.

Even if the contract was completely guaranteed, that's not a lot of money for a TE.

I mean I get you don't like Ebron but the price was right for the Colts here. It's a decent signing with upside but no real risk. Hard to hate that, tbh.

7 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

He's had 4 years and he hasn't gotten that much better than his second season, plus he's injury prone so ehhhh.

Except that's not true. He has improved every year and had like a 4% drop last year which was one of the better percentages among TE's if I recall.

34 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Except that's not true. He has improved every year and had like a 4% drop last year which was one of the better percentages among TE's if I recall.

How has he improved from year 3 to year 4? He regressed in every facet of his game last season, is a bad blocker, has drop issues and is injury prone (Though he did play all 16 games year last year)  

In one of the best offenses in the NFL with a top 10 QB he never became more than an inconsistent TE who had "Untapped upside" I doubt he'll fare any better with the Colts considering he'll be behind  Hilton,Doyle in the passing game and with an injured luck at QB. 

Just now, OleXmad said:

How has he improved from year 3 to year 4? He regressed in every facet of his game last season, is a bad blocker, has drop issues and is injury prone (Though he did play all 16 games year last year)  

In one of the best offenses in the NFL with a top 10 QB he never became more than an inconsistent TE who had "Untapped upside" I doubt he'll fare any better with the Colts considering he'll be behind  Hilton,Doyle in the passing game and with an injured luck at QB. 

Drop issues but was in the top 5-10 in TE's in drop %?

Archived