Cap room

LoganF89

So according to hogs haven zack browns contract has a cap hit of 2.7 mil the first year, according to them before the Orlando Scandrick contract we had 21 mil in cap space.

this is good news, it honestly makes me think we get a contract done with Hankins, Scandrick a deal is 2 years at a max of 10 mil, I’m sure there are incentives in there which makes me think the deal could be  a lot lower then we think

redskins and I’ll have to give props to Bruce which I hate doing are actually making good contracts this year in FA unlike the ones with our two Dline signings last year, even the Richardson signing wasn’t bad when you figure what most receivers got this year

3 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

good news to know! :) 

( for those often lazy like me that don't click every link they see.... )

Defensive lineman Terrell McClain's base salary of $3.25 million was set to become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year, but the language of his contract was changed to keep it as guaranteed for injury only. That means if the Redskins cut him, they'd only be on the hook for the prorated amount of the signing bonus -- or $3.75 million. If he's released after June 1, it would be spread over two years.

So,  we have about $18.997mil in cap space right now after signing Scandalous. Definitely enough to sign @BigTimeHank and an OG like Boone, Joeckel, Sua’-Filo, Adyboushi (spelling, former Moses teammate at VA) or re-sign Lauvao on the cheap.

Joeckel is coming off an injury. Su'a Filo is not that good for starter. Aboushi has seen some starts in his tenure, but the ceiling has peaked for him, don't know much about Boone, and want to move on from Lauvao. 

I am so confused at what Bruce does with his time and why he is not out getting these spots filled. 

There is some good talent in the 2nd teir of G's in this class like Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Smith as Nelson is clearly not falling to 13. The 2nd round may be more "promising" but I don't feel comforatble relying on that. 

35 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Joeckel is coming off an injury. Su'a Filo is not that good for starter. Aboushi has seen some starts in his tenure, but the ceiling has peaked for him, don't know much about Boone, and want to move on from Lauvao. 

I am so confused at what Bruce does with his time and why he is not out getting these spots filled. 

There is some good talent in the 2nd teir of G's in this class like Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Smith as Nelson is clearly not falling to 13. The 2nd round may be more "promising" but I don't feel comforatble relying on that. 

Wanting and needing are two separate things. I want to sign all pro bowlers but that’s not possible no when you “need” to fill a spot going with a serviceable starting player that you know like  Lauvao - who knows the offense and will be cheap - or that the QB is comfortable with like Boone, those signings make sense.

I mean, who would you have signed?

Throwing $5 million plus at a starting guard when you’re going to have to pay Scherff $10M or more in 2 years isn’t a smart cap move. That’s probably why we didn’t retain Long, his contract demands got to rich and he got 4 yrs $28 million from the Jets. His cap hit this year is $6.5M. Now he could be cut after one year but still his deal is $6.5 to 7.5 M for 4 years.

We need a serviceable to good player at LG, $2 to 3 million and draft a C/G to develop in the draft to develop behind the OG we sign 

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wanting and needing are two separate things. I want to sign all pro bowlers but that’s not possible no when you “need” to fill a spot going with a serviceable starting player that you know like  Lauvao - who knows the offense and will be cheap - or that the QB is comfortable with like Boone, those signings make sense.

I mean, who would you have signed?

Throwing $5 million plus at a starting guard when you’re going to have to pay Scherff $10M or more in 2 years isn’t a smart cap move. That’s probably why we didn’t retain Long, his contract demands got to rich and he got 4 yrs $28 million from the Jets. His cap hit this year is $6.5M. Now he could be cut after one year but still his deal is $6.5 to 7.5 M for 4 years.

We need a serviceable to good player at LG, $2 to 3 million and draft a C/G to develop in the draft to develop behind the OG we sign 

I honestly would have looked at D.J. Fluker or Zach Fulton as an OG option. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

I loved Su'a-Film coming out of UCLA. I was surprised he had such a tough time developing into a solid starter. I'm not sure exactly how bad he was in Houston but he is young and maybe still has some untapped potential. He has started 31 out 32 games the last two season so he does have the playing experience and seemingly durability. 

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

I honestly would have looked at D.J. Fluker or Zach Fulton as an OG option. 

4 hours ago, mike23md said:

He started all 4 years. No injury history. So thats a plus. 

That’s true, I would have signed either of them. I remember posting about Fulton in the beginning of this thread or another one. Fluker only cost $3M. 

I think there an argument to be made that Nsekhe could be comparable to Fluker especially if they work him at guard all offseason.

Archived