Upgrading the Jets pass rush

jetskid007

I would really love it if we got Nwosu or Okaronkwo, and not just because I like guys with hard to pronounce names.  I think both have a chance to be quality pass rushers while not being the prototypical 6'5 guy.  I think both are more athletic than they are given credit for, OO might drop due to his 40 (4.77) but I think he looks way faster on tape, and had a 38 inch vert which shows his explosiveness.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:09 AM, barnaby8787 said:

Turay has a visit lined up with the Jets.  Local guy, long, explosive, good in coverage.  Seems to fit the mold.

I think he'll be our guy if he's there. Didn't start playing football until his senior year of HS as he was mostly dedicated to basketball and track. After his breakout freshman year as a situational pass rusher at Rutgers they transitioned him to a full-time LB. Dealt with a lot of injuries until this past year, when he got much bigger and stronger. Also came a long way as a 3-down backer. In hindsight it may have been the best thing for him... 

High character guy, very smart, and a hard worker. Lots of talent. Being that we were very interested in Barkevious Mingo, I would think they are looking for a speed/bend guy that can drop into coverage... Turay fits that profile. 

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Key, Armstong, Landry.  Those are the 3 guys I'm keeping on eye on come round 3.  I think they each have some ability as a situational rusher and would be high upside picks in round 3.

Armstrong is the guy I like the most, but I'm starting to think he goes R2

Archived