Former Jags around the league

pwny

On 26/07/2019 at 3:38 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Damn i hate losing those 2

Losing Grant will be frustrating if he bounces back from injury as the player he was before.  But i'm pretty skeptical on that.  His injury is the type that is just a potential death knell for a player with his specialty.  Will probably be borne out in whether or not he actually makes that Packers roster.  Not sure it's that likely unless he really has bounced back.

Mickens was a great story, but not a particularly great player, so whatever.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Losing Grant will be frustrating if he bounces back from injury as the player he was before.  But i'm pretty skeptical on that.  His injury is the type that is just a potential death knell for a player with his specialty.  Will probably be borne out in whether or not he actually makes that Packers roster.  Not sure it's that likely unless he really has bounced back.

I just remember the Mickens game vs Houston. Loved it. Plus Grant was a Tiger too

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I liked mickens as a pr.  He always broke 1 and he also was good at checking those gunners for downing the ball

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Tbh, Colvin might be worth a serious look as a FS here.  He knows the team and more or less the system, and he's probably a better player than any FS we currently have on the roster.  So...hrmmm...

Also, entirely not surprising that his tenure with the Texans ended so badly.  He was a terrific NB here, but he's not a boundary corner and was never worth anything like that deal paid him.  They also poached out actual top-end FS to solidify their secondary.  So...add in the whole Bouye thing, and that was a weird cyclical bout of two division rivals goofing up on secondary decisions back and forth.

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2021 at 11:56 AM, pwny said:

It's been a while since this thread got bumped, but we have a bunch to go here.

First up...

rc2IgWb.png

When the hell did Blaine Gabbert become a grizzled old vet? This photo makes me all kinds of comfortable.

I feel like there would be some amazing hijinks potential with his picture, and a time machine to Jacksonville circa 2011-13ish.