Steelers sign Morgan Burnett

49erurtaza

Lots of Packer fans complained about Burnett's durability and lack of playmaking ability.  Neither are really a problem.  He was asked to do a lot of different things for the Packers the past couple years and he did well at everything.  Burnett will do well for the Steelers, and I wish him the best of luck with them. 

Packer defensive backs seemed to have done pretty well leaving Green Bay (most recently being Casey Heyward and Micah Hyde), so that might be a good thing for Burnett too.

The only problem though was that Dom Capers was a terrible Defensive Coordinator and probably held back those players from reaching their potential.

and even then, I don't see Burnett being a long term starting option for the Steelers

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Packer defensive backs seemed to have done pretty well leaving Green Bay (most recently being Casey Heyward and Micah Hyde), so that might be a good thing for Burnett too.

The only problem though was that Dom Capers was a terrible Defensive Coordinator and probably held back those players from reaching their potential.

and even then, I don't see Burnett being a long term starting option for the Steelers

Burnett should have, at the very least, 2 years as a good starter. More likely 3-4. Only problem was his durability hasn’t been great in recent years. 

Archived