(Fill-In) If the Giants Stay at #2, There's No Way They'll.........

Mind Character

There's no way they'll..... take RB Saquon Barkley or OG Quenton Nelson

Zero Chance.

These draftnik mocks are crazy. The calculus of the Browns' selection at 4 (If not QB1, then elite pass rusher or CB over RB or OG) is similar to that of the Giants.

They are either taking a QB or DE Bradley Chubb w/ 99.9% certainty being it's a QB.

Book it.

There's no way they'll pass on a QB.

Eli Manning is 38 and his already above average career skills (He's Vinny Testaverde with 2 rings) are diminishing. They're complete FOOLS if they don't take a QB.

Guys, we are guaranteed the Best QB prospect AND Best overall prospect in the draft if we stay put at #1 and #4.

#ThanksSashi

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rosen is perfect for them.

Roll with Eli for a year and enjoy having QB settled for another decade and a half.

It’s really unbelievable. They have a franchise guy and are lucking into another. We haven’t had one since Couch. WITH a suckwad record since then. ?

There's no way they'll take a non-QB. Otherwise, I bet the Jets would have worked a trade with the G-men to get into the #2 slot and have their choice of the second QB off the board. I think not moving from 2 means Gettlemen, the new GM, want to build this team up with his guy as QBOTF.

I cant see anyway Shurmur would take this job then bet on a 37 year old Eli on his new HC job

I'm not 100% sure they'll pick Rosen it could be Allen because you'd have plenty of time to develop him 

but they'd have to draft a QB itd be insane not to 

I really don't think they are going to take a QB at 2. I think they are going to try to make one last run at a championship while they still have Eli. That would mean Chubb or Barkley at #2 or a trade down to add more high profile talent for this and next years.

12 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I really don't think they are going to take a QB at 2. I think they are going to try to make one last run at a championship while they still have Eli. That would mean Chubb or Barkley at #2 or a trade down to add more high profile talent for this and next years.

I did not closely follow the Giants season to know exactly how far away they are from the Super Bowl, but a 3-13 record suggests to me that trying to fit another title run in with Eli Manning next season is unrealistic.  Perhaps you have some reason otherwise.

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I did not closely follow the Giants season to know exactly how far away they are from the Super Bowl, but a 3-13 record suggests to me that trying to fit another title run in with Eli Manning next season is unrealistic.  Perhaps you have some reason otherwise.

It’s silly. I watched something earlier where the reasoning for sticking with Eli and passing on Rosen is that Peyton had 55TDs at 38 years old and Eli is only 37.

Like wtf. How does that even make sense?

Brady had 50TDs at 30 years old, and I’m around that age. Sign me up I guess?

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

It’s silly. I watched something earlier where the reasoning for sticking with Eli and passing on Rosen is that Peyton had 55TDs at 38 years old and Eli is only 37.

Like wtf. How does that even make sense?

Brady had 50TDs at 30 years old, and I’m around that age. Sign me up I guess?

Right, and Manning only won 3 games his rookie season and never since.  They can't be compared even if you are factoring lack of team talent.  Maybe the rationale is that in 2012 the Pat Shurmur Browns chose Trent Richardson at #3, but the top tier QBs were gone at that point.  Ryan Tannehill is nowhere near the prospect Josh Rosen is, heck he wasn't the prospect that Mayfield even is.  Either way it was a mistake and a move that probably wasn't made by Shurmur as much as Holmgren/Heckert.

Archived