(Fill-In) If the Giants Stay at #2, There's No Way They'll.........

Mind Character

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

There's no way they'll..... take RB Saquon Barkley or OG Quenton Nelson

Zero Chance.

These draftnik mocks are crazy. The calculus of the Browns' selection at 4 (If not QB1, then elite pass rusher or CB over RB or OG) is similar to that of the Giants.

They are either taking a QB or DE Bradley Chubb.

Book it.

I’ve been saying it all along. You have a chance to replace eli with Eli 2.0 in Rosen. There’s no way they pass that up. With OBJ coming back. Shurmer at HC they won’t be his high again  

37 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I did not closely follow the Giants season to know exactly how far away they are from the Super Bowl, but a 3-13 record suggests to me that trying to fit another title run in with Eli Manning next season is unrealistic.  Perhaps you have some reason otherwise.

I personally agree that they are far way. In fact I even made a post about it before free agency at how annoyed I was the the media narrative was that the Giants were a roster built for a quick turn around. I argue and firmly believe that we actually have a roster in a much better situation as the Giants.

I just don't think the Giants brass sees it that way. We are talking about some pretty big egos in the NFL and lets face it Pat Shurmur is not exactly a guy who makes smart moves at QB. He hitched his wagon to Seneca Wallace, Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden. I'd take a 50 year old Eli Manning over any of those guys.

If the Giant do not pick a QB at 2, their GM should be fired before pick 3 happens.  

Not because these QBs are so great, but because they would have been utter buffoons to have not made a deal with the Jets.  Even if it was the same package the Colts got.  

4 hours ago, Pruitt3443 said:

"If the Giants Stay at #2, There's No Way They'll" Draft Orlando Brown in that spot.  I am 100% confident of this prognostication.

bold call. 

there is no way they take a defensive player.

I hope they do though. 

58 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Do anything except pick a QB.

In a sense, they are better off than we in that there probably is no angst about what to do...we take Darnold, they take Rosen, we take Rosen, they take Darnold.

Simple.

But what if we take Allen? Then they have some things to think about.

8 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I think they really like Webb a lot but they are doing a good job of keeping everything under wraps. they can keep that quiet to drive the price of #2 up in potential trades. 

They may like Webb, but I can’t see liking him enough to pass on Rosen imo.

Only a fool passes on a QB when you’re picking this high and your current starter is 38.

If the Giants Stay at #2, There's No Way They'll.........

also draft 3rd.

That being said, I do not think they select a player that isn't a quarterback.  This fall, Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen will be standing next to Davis Webb on the Giants sideline.  It is up in the air as to which one is in "street clothes."

The Giants are taking a QB. They have to. I don't care how much longer Eli wants to play...he's terrible and has been bad for a few years now. It's time for them to draft a replacement instead of building themselves up to a 6 win team incapable of having the ammo to draft a QB highly when Eli retires in a few short years.

Archived