Sylvester Williams visiting

LoganF89

Every defense that Sly Williams has started on has been a good run defense. He helped shut down Kareem Hunt in the playoffs last year in the Titans’ win vs Alex Smith and the Chiefs.

We just need to sign Sly to a one or two year deal with only the first year guaranteed. 

Even if we sign him I’d still draft a NT in round 1 or 2. There’s nothing wrong with that. It would make our DL rotation great and our 1st round draft pick should only cost about $3 million in year 1.

Turtle I'll bet you they go offense first two rounds no matter what. I hate to bring up Cousins but there's some hard feelings between him and Allen.  Allen is going to make sure hes done everything to make sure Alex Smith puts up good #s so he can say "I told you so". I love Jay Gruden but if something isnt done about Allen hes going to cost Jay losing his job. And that would suck, I'm a big Gruden supporter

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Not necessarily. Richardson had a better season than the others most recently. They were all first round picks too, so you’re really selling Richardson’s talent and potential short.

Richardson isn't Watkins or Robinson. Watkins helped the rams a lot , he became a distraction for them .

Robinson had one okay year and nothing else . In fact I wouldn't have signed either of these guys ( and No not even dez Bryant). I'd rather sign decker and draft Ridley or Sutton .

im not so upset because of how much we have Richardson. But to me I feel like we should of went after honeybadger and atleast Poe .

We are being cheap ATM and this is unacceptable by how many NT and DE whwre available .

If we go Vita Veta and Ronald Jones second round than I'm fine . 

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Turtle I'll bet you they go offense first two rounds no matter what. I hate to bring up Cousins but there's some hard feelings between him and Allen.  Allen is going to make sure hes done everything to make sure Alex Smith puts up good #s so he can say "I told you so". I love Jay Gruden but if something isnt done about Allen hes going to cost Jay losing his job. And that would suck, I'm a big Gruden supporter

I don’t disagree. In that case we definitely need to sign Hank, Sly Williams or Bennie Logan and Hoid can be their reserve.

I could see RB (Guice) round 1 and OG (Hernandez) round 2. Then, round 4 we take a NT to develop.

4 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Richardson isn't Watkins or Robinson. Watkins helped the rams a lot , he became a distraction for them .

Robinson had one okay year and nothing else . In fact I wouldn't have signed either of these guys ( and No not even dez Bryant). I'd rather sign decker and draft Ridley or Sutton .

im not so upset because of how much we have Richardson. But to me I feel like we should of went after honeybadger and atleast Poe .

We are being cheap ATM and this is unacceptable by how many NT and DE whwre available .

If we go Vita Veta and Ronald Jones second round than I'm fine . 

Watkins and Richardson each only have had one good year and that’s because of their injuries. Watkins cost a lot more money. If we had signed Watkins, we’d have less money to work with in FA right now to get a NT upgrade. Watkins cap hit this year is $3.8 million more than Richardson.

Honeybadger is probably going to end up costly about twice as much as Scandrick when the contract #s come out for Scandrick. 

Poe’s deal will probably end up being about twice as much on the LTD than what Sly will get.

If we had signed those 3 we’d be basically done in FA - with the exception of signing a vet min type LG/C - which is fine, but by the way their contracts are structured it would make us hard to keep Scherff, Crowder and Preston Smith next year.

If we had done what you wanted then I’d have to run the #s for next years cap, but I might actually get on board with Mknight’s proposal of trading away Preston Smith - even though I doubt we get a 3rd - and then draft an OLB in round 1 and go RB in round 2.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t disagree. In that case we definitely need to sign Hank, Sly Williams or Bennie Logan and Hoid can be their reserve.

I could see RB (Guice) round 1 and OG (Hernandez) round 2. Then, round 4 we take a NT to develop.

Hernandez is one of my favorite players in this class!!! He’s just mean mean

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yep. Come back to your new home, Hankins! 

Hopefully. A winning team isn’t going to give him the deal we will. And a team under or around us know they can draft a Payne or Vea. Also there aren’t many 3/4 teams in the league right now missing a solid NT.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Hopefully. A winning team isn’t going to give him the deal we will. And a team under or around us know they can draft a Payne or Vea. Also there aren’t many 3/4 teams in the league right now missing a solid NT.

That’s because your President/GM has to be a complete moron to never fill that position adequately 

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

DON'T say  >:(  like that with NO context !!!!

Made me think (and run to check) if Hankins signed elsewhere.

:P 

I want Hankins, but im not sure about paying him on a huge long term deal like I’m sure he wants.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I want Hankins, but im not sure about paying him on a huge long term deal like I’m sure he wants.

Wish we had a clue of his asking price. I tried to touch on this earlier, but folks were too busy pushing out agendas/tears to really get productive discourse. Considering apparent need, I'd greatly consider a 5 yr 45 mil deal containing half of that guaranteed. Think he will fetch better?

Archived