Jags cut Allen Hurns

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, ACO said:

Hurns > Moncrief all day, everyday. 

Meh Moncrief is 24.  So his ceiling still there.   Hurns is better at current level but skill set capped out.  For sure Moncrief isn’t worth 9.6M.   But once that call made this had to happen. 

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

No guaranteed $.  Easy call with Lee / Moncrief / Cole / Dede. 

EDIT: Did have dead cap $ with signing bonus rollover.  

I know Cole had a pretty good year last year, but are these guys truly a better WR than Hurns?

I don't understand the Jags approach to their passing game this off-season. I guess just run run pass is the motto?

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know Cole had a pretty good year last year, but are these guys truly a better WR than Hurns?

I don't understand the Jags approach to their passing game this off-season. I guess just run run pass is the motto?

Hurns has been consistently injured since 2015 and has a large cap hit.

Hurns when healthy was a very reliable tough guy. But he got his contract hoping that 2015 was a sign of things to come and it hasn't been. 

Team first guy and will do anything for a team and I'll miss him but this has been coming.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hurns is really JAG.  And I am not punning.   He can’t separate one on one off press coverage and he’s not a big box out winner or 50-50 ball winner.  He makes catches across the middle and he’s reliable.    

When he’s cheap in rookie deal he’s an asset.  But once that deal expires he’s not a difference maker.  Cole does what he does better.  And cheaper.  Dede offers a better deep threat and jump ball winner.  And cheaper.  

Add Moncrief and Lee he’s their 5th WR when you factor in value.  

Archived