Jags cut Allen Hurns

49erurtaza

22 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Hurns never play. 10g in 2017, 11 in 2016. And 5 TDs combined in those two years. Im happy with the cut as i was waiting for it.

I mean, Moncrief has issues with that too. But I can see why we'd rather try to see if we can swap Hurns out for Moncrief and hope we can somehow get his issues behind him.

18 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Logical move. Now id like Sutton at #29 if there or StBrown/Cobbs at #61.

Doubtful. Moncrief, Lee, Dede, Cole we're all high on. I like Sutton though too, just doubt we want to put any of those 4 guys as a #5 receiver.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I know Cole had a pretty good year last year, but are these guys truly a better WR than Hurns?

I don't understand the Jags approach to their passing game this off-season. I guess just run run pass is the motto?

Easily.

Personally love what the Jags have done with the passing game. They run 4 or 5 deep in the passing game now. It's just a shame who their QB is lmao.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Doubtful. Moncrief, Lee, Dede, Cole we're all high on. I like Sutton though too, just doubt we want to put any of those 4 guys as a #5 receiver.

It often takes time for a WR to develop so bring him slowly his rookie year. Moncrief is signed for one year only so new evaluation of the unit at the end of the season.

Just now, zappa13004 said:

It often takes time for a WR to develop so bring him slowly his rookie year. Moncrief is signed for one year only so new evaluation of the unit at the end of the season.

I think we draft a guy, but round one? Not sure. I'm for it, but I just feel like TE/OL/QB is more likely.

4 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Ol im all in  for a RT if McGlinchey still available. A TE with Lewis gone, sure too.

Cann can be upgraded. Interior OL besides Linder was a big reason for our running struggles in the latter half of the year. 

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hurns has been consistently injured since 2015 and has a large cap hit.

Hurns when healthy was a very reliable tough guy. But he got his contract hoping that 2015 was a sign of things to come and it hasn't been. 

Team first guy and will do anything for a team and I'll miss him but this has been coming.

Fair enough.  No purpose in paying an average guy that money, especially when you need it to go elsewhere.
I guess I lack faith in the QB to consistently win through the air. I did like what Cole did last year. I didn't see much of Dede.
Outside looking in, the WR core is very uninspiring.  I personally don't know if I see anyone that can consistently get open and catch the ball when doing that.  I feared Robinson and Hurns to do that.

Two divisional games has my view jaded and bias most likely. lol Jags could add a cheap vet and a draft pick to make it more attractive.

He’s not awful, but not special either. Injuries really ruined him the last couple years. If he stays healthy, he could be a pretty solid third receiving option for a team. 

Made way too much money considering his injuries/production and their depth. No brainer.

4 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

He didn't suck. He just couldn't stay healthy.

In FF parlance, "sucked" also tends to mean "I had him in fantasy and he never gave me a ROI even though he was supposed to be my 'sleeper' (because he was injured)."

33 minutes ago, The LBC said:

In FF parlance, "sucked" also tends to mean "I had him in fantasy and he never gave me a ROI even though he was supposed to be my 'sleeper' (because he was injured)."

QFT. 

To be fair though his 3 concussions are a HUGE red flag along with the lower body injuries.  He’s likely going to get more than I’d feel comfortable committing to him.  

Archived