Jaguars release Allen Hurns

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

You can say that but people are not looking at how the situation played out.. they negotiated with ARob during the tampering period it was clear he was going to hit the market due to no franchise tag.. the receiver market was terrible past ARob and Watkins. Did you want to pay Paul Richardson what he made? The receivers are who were available they had no choice but to pay Lee what he made he is essentially Paul Richardson stat wise plus Lee has already been here he knows the system the guys already are familiar with him. Donte Moncrief is Hurns bigger and faster version even down to the injuries (Jags know what they want to do on offense Hurns isn't what they are looking for) and you're not locked into him past this year they needed some type of depth.. but I think his 1 yr prove it deal is more beneficial than Hurns walking threw a season knowing he's going to get 7 mill in game checks this year. If the Jags would have went into camp with just Lee, Westbrook, and Cole, people would still be flipping out. Like why didn't we sign any help?.. Then when the market is trash and no great prospects but they sign a prospect for depth on a flier deal its still not good enough good grief folks.

Agreed.

Hurns even said he felt like this has been a long time coming. He never felt like he fit in with the new regime and they wanted him to play in the slot instead of outside and he had no interest in it. He thought he was going to be gone in TC of last year or by the deadline this past season.

Switching out Hurns for Moncreif makes a lot of sense to me. We need a big bodied deep threat like that. If he stays healthy he may be a long-term answer here. Big if, but I think we all knew what Hurns was/is, and with the young receivers we have it wasn't a great fit.

Happy to see he found somewhere quick in Dallas. I'll always cheer for that guy. A real pro.

Archived