Gruden hints RB early

LoganF89

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We already have Hines and Bo on the team. Pass on them.

Maybe... but what happens if CT (knock on wood) gets injured again?

Would be nice to have a young, plan B, home-run hitter already on the roster and absorbing the scheme, if that happens.. yes? 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Rashad Penny (who BMitch likes)

Nyheim Hines, NC St

Ito Smith, Southern Miss

Mark Walton, Miami (Jezzy’s dude) a good mix in between a Perine/Kelley type and a Thompson type.

Bo Scarborough, Bama. A slower version of Derrick Henry that could be a redzone/short yardage banger.

Akrum Wadley, Iowa. A good mix in between a Perine/Kelley type and a Thompson type.

Penny will not be there in the 4th, no way. Lowest he would fall will be early 3rd. Agree on the rest of them though. If we stay put and don't trade back it's a good possibility Penny would be who we take in the 2nd due to the others being taken before our pick.

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s what I told my buddy. It doesn’t make sense. They keep talking RB this offseason it almost makes me think their trying to get the RB’s and theyknow the QB run early will happen. I think their trying to get one of those LB’s or Fitz or their worried Payne or Vea may not fall.

I think we have two blatantly honest guys who talk to the media now - Doug & Jay - we may not always agree with what they have to say but they’re not guys who don’t divulge what they know or hide ho2 they truly feel very well.

Just got curious of how many RBs were drafted each year prior to pick #114.. Redskins' 4th rd pick. So over the last 10 drafts, the average number of RBs selected at this point is 9.

Barkley, Guice, Jones, Michel, Chubb, Penny, K Johnson 

These 7 are, I think, universally thought of as the best of the best. 

Then there are lots of others, like Hines, Walton, Freeman, Scarborough, Ballage, Wadley, Adams, Ito Smith. 

decisions decisions... please make this an easier choice and sign another good FA !!!!  confusion-smiley-emoticon.gif

28 minutes ago, Eric said:

Penny will not be there in the 4th, no way. Lowest he would fall will be early 3rd. Agree on the rest of them though. If we stay put and don't trade back it's a good possibility Penny would be who we take in the 2nd due to the others being taken before our pick.

Maybe, maybe not. I’ve been following the draft closely for 25 years. I’ve seen so many times when so called experts on tv & mock drafters predict a player goes in one round but they go way earlier or later because teams overvalue them or under value  them.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Just got curious of how many RBs were drafted each year prior to pick #114.. Redskins' 4th rd pick. So over the last 10 drafts, the average number of RBs selected at this point is 9.

Then there are lots of others, like Hines, Walton, Freeman, Scarborough, Ballage, Wadley, Adams, Ito Smith. 

decisions decisions... please make this an easier choice and sign another good FA !!!!  confusion-smiley-emoticon.gif

Where do you get those emojis? Lol 

34 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Maybe... but what happens if CT (knock on wood) gets injured again?

Would be nice to have a young, plan B, home-run hitter already on the roster and absorbing the scheme, if that happens.. yes? 

They’re not even that similar except for their height. They play differently, Hines is 5 to 10 pounds heavier and is more of a straight line speed guy - kind of like Keith Marshall - unlike Thompson who’s a true scat back who makes quick cuts and moves. Hines also isn’t the receiver Thompson is.

Got a question here for you guys. Pick 13 is here and we can't trade down and we didn't get Hankins in free agency.

Derwin James, Vita Vea, and Derrius Guice are on the board. Who ya taking?

I would be totally against Guice in this scenario because I believe we can get a good rb in the 2nd. Vea fills the biggest need, and James is most likely the better player between the two.

So BPA says James and that's who I would select personally, albeit with hesitation because Vea would fill the bigger need. What would you guys do? 

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

Got a question here for you guys. Pick 13 is here and we can't trade down and we didn't get Hankins in free agency.

I would be totally against Guice in this scenario because I believe we can get a good rb in the 2nd. Vea fills the biggest need, and James is most likely the better player between the two.

So BPA says James and that's who I would select personally, albeit with hesitation because Vea would fill the bigger need. What would you guys do? 

I would take Payne over any of them, but based on your scenario I’d take Vea.  Anything in the back end of the defense is heavily effected by what’s going on up front, so until we fix that no safety is going make that big of a difference.  Also I liked what I saw from Nicholson last year and Swearinger is solid.

As far as RB is concerned I feel like 13 is too early for Guice and I’m not keen on spending a first round pick on a RB.

54 minutes ago, Eric said:

BPA says what, now? :P 

My choice would still be Vita Vea, in this specific instance.

Even if to say they have equal BPA, or let's say.. just less for Vea...

( James gets an 87.1 grade, while Vea gets an 86.4 )

I'll still take Vea, as the value is that close.. no BPA structure for me is that inflexible or rigid.. and NT is far more a need. 

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I refuse to awnser to this trickery of a question for no matter who we picked I couldn’t be upset as long at the positions haven’t been upgraded with real talent in FA. Like a Williams or Hank signed I wouldn’t be as upset if we didn’t take a NT. It’s still too early we don’t have a real basis on what our roster really looks like we’re still looking to sign starter caliber players I think

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Back when the offseason started I really wanted Guice. I’ve come off that because I think Scarborough and CT can be a great duo. Plus we can probably get him in the 4th at the earliest. 

Just now, bigdog44 said:

Back when the offseason started I really wanted Guice. I’ve come off that because I think Scarborough and CT can be a great duo. Plus we can probably get him in the 4th at the earliest. 

Eh.. I'm a Guice fan, and would love to see him as a Redskin.. but I'd easily shrug off it if not happening for a better overall draft conclusion. (like Vea or a trade back that includes Vea.. or a good RB like Jones.. or some other strong prospect in the 20's)

Scarborough in the 4th wouldn't put me off, really.. but 4.5 / 40 time or not, he doesn't seem like he'll be any better than Perine, to me. 

Archived