TheVillain112 2018 Mock v1.0...

TheVillain112

With this deep DT class who do you like better than Looney? I like his tape but my DT board would be something like this:

1.Hurst

2.Vea

3.Payne

4.Bryan

5.Settle

6.Mcintosh

7.Looney

8.Nnadi

9.Green

I weigh pass rush/penetration more than just space eating and run defense. What u thinking villain?

2 hours ago, Futbudds said:

With this deep DT class who do you like better than Looney? I like his tape but my DT board would be something like this:

1.Hurst

2.Vea

3.Payne

4.Bryan

5.Settle

6.Mcintosh

7.Looney

8.Nnadi

9.Green

I weigh pass rush/penetration more than just space eating and run defense. What u thinking villain?

I agree about pass rush being more important, which is what intrigued me about James Looney.  I like your list, but a lot of the DTs in this class have a lot of question marks besides Vita Vea IMO.

• Hurst, isn't that athletic and has the heart condition.  I think he'll make splash plays when he beats the OL off the snaps, but if he doesn't win initially he wont' do much.  I don't think he's in the realm of Geno, Donald, or even Grady Jarrett.  But he would be good for our DL rotation if he's around in the 2nd.
  • Taven Bryan:  Incredible physical potential but production isn't there.
  • Payne: I do like him but I'm also leery of Bama DL players.
  • Settle: I'm good with him as a run stuffer but not sure about his pass rush abilities.
  • McIntosh: I'll need to watch more.  Haven't see much of him.

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I agree about pass rush being more important, which is what intrigued me about James Looney.  I like your list, but a lot of the DTs in this class have a lot of question marks besides Vita Vea IMO.

• Hurst, isn't that athletic and has the heart condition.  I think he'll make splash plays when he beats the OL off the snaps, but if he doesn't win initially he wont' do much.  I don't think he's in the realm of Geno, Donald, or even Grady Jarrett.  But he would be good for our DL rotation if he's around in the 2nd.
  • Taven Bryan:  Incredible physical potential but production isn't there.
  • Payne: I do like him but I'm also leery of Bama DL players.
  • Settle: I'm good with him as a run stuffer but not sure about his pass rush abilities.
  • McIntosh: I'll need to watch more.  Haven't see much of him.

I don’t see Hurst getting to Geno or Donald status either but his tape looks the best to me. He’s constantly in the backfield against other prospects. Bryan looks really raw but has the highest ceiling imo and watching Geno for a year while coming in on passing downs might work out nicely. I’m meh on Payne but his floor seems higher than everybody below him, just don’t see much of a pass rush. Settle’s tape looked like he was always disrupting the pocket and making the qb nervous but didn’t quite get to him much, and he looked good against double teams. McIntosh looks like a freak but just in flashes.

I'm hoping Hurst or Bryan falls to the 2nd.

Archived