Olawale traded to Dallas

big_palooka

Whoa. I was interested to see him in Gruden's offense. The staff must like Keith Sweat (Smith) a lot. I'm glad we could get something back for him, cause there was no way 2 FBs would be on the roster.

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Another core ST guy gone. Hope Keith Smith is what Gruden is looking for in a FB. 

I think a big part of getting Keith Smith was the connection to the new ST coordinator. Dallas fans loved the guy. Maybe more than we did Olawale. I did like Olawale, but he became redundant. I like turning these 6ths into 5ths by using players that weren't in the plans. Even if I did like both players.

1 minute ago, mct288 said:

I think a big part of getting Keith Smith was the connection to the new ST coordinator. Dallas fans loved the guy. Maybe more than we did Olawale. I did like Olawale, but he became redundant. I like turning these 6ths into 5ths by using players that weren't in the plans. Even if I did like both players.

Agree there. Trust the process I guess with Gruden. I like getting something on guys that are not in the plans.

Seth Roberts trade next? lol

24 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Keith Smith signing for 2M/Y was pretty telling. They weren't going to carry 2 FBs making more than the vet minimum. I think Jared Cook gets traded next.

Cook would be a salary cap move although it would leave us needing a TE. Washington or Richard could be on the block? 

Archived