Jaguars release Marcedes Lewis

.Buzz

Yeah taking the emotion out of it, this one is easier to stomach than the Hurns deal quite frankly. He never lived up to his pass catching hype and last season took a dip in blocking which was what he was great at.

We have talked quite a bit at the bodies at TE, so losing him now opens up a possible spot for a rookie if one falls to us.

3 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Yeah taking the emotion out of it, this one is easier to stomach than the Hurns deal quite frankly. He never lived up to his pass catching hype and last season took a dip in blocking which was what he was great at.

We have talked quite a bit at the bodies at TE, so losing him now opens up a possible spot for a rookie if one falls to us.

I mean, most of his career he was forced to basically be an OL due to having terrible OL's for years. Who knows if we had a competent GM back during his prime what he could have done.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, most of his career he was forced to basically be an OL due to having terrible OL's for years. Who knows if we had a competent GM back during his prime what he could have done.

That's possible, but he also had the case of the drops and probably one of the most awkward runners at TE we've ever had...and we had Kyle Brady.

5 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

That's possible, but he also had the case of the drops and probably one of the most awkward runners at TE we've ever had...and we had Kyle Brady.

Like a baby deer. 

Ill never forget the TD pass he dropped against the Texans lol

43 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Fair.

Overall I'm happy what he did here though. Was a hell of a blocker and had his moments as a pass catcher when he went on routes. Going to be weird not seeing #89 anymore.

I cried a little bit and I was upset over the drop. His leadership was wanted. Hearing the back story makes it less painful. 

The writing was on the wall. His comments made it easier. I think the only team more cutthroat than the Jaguars have been this off-season, is the Patriots. Let's see if we can follow their success model or have a ton of regret. 

Archived