Jaguars release Marcedes Lewis

.Buzz

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just feel like unless we use that money towards extensions or something, this and cutting Hurns were unnecessary and could have waited until next year

If the whole holdout rumor was true, along with his comments, what this shows is that the selfish type of behavior will not be permitted in Jacksonville. It's a team first attitude and they are looking to nip any distractions in the bud immediately. This may not be money that gets used immediately (and painfully could've been money to keep AC), but it will be used. 

That sucks.  It is a lot of money to be paying a guy whose role is obviously set to roll back quite a bit...but he's still probably our best blocking TE, and seemed like a Jaguar through and through, and a good team first guy.  Have to wonder if there are some people in the room who are going to be a little unimpressed with this, especially considering Marcedes clearly feels wronged in the whole situation.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

That sucks.  It is a lot of money to be paying a guy whose role is obviously set to roll back quite a bit...but he's still probably our best blocking TE, and seemed like a Jaguar through and through, and a good team first guy.  Have to wonder if there are some people in the room who are going to be a little unimpressed with this, especially considering Marcedes clearly feels wronged in the whole situation.

He said he was going to hold out due to ASJ getting more $ per year than him. So I don't blame them.

Still sucks as a fan and I'm going to miss the big guy, but he can't be doing stuff like that with where he's at in his career/what type of play he puts out there. ASJ is going to make more and there's good reason with his age, upside, and what tape showed last year on what he could end up being in the right situation.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He said he was going to hold out due to ASJ getting more $ per year than him. So I don't blame them.

Still sucks as a fan and I'm going to miss the big guy, but he can't be doing stuff like that with where he's at in his career/what type of play he puts out there. ASJ is going to make more and there's good reason with his age, upside, and what tape showed last year on what he could end up being in the right situation.

Ya 7 yards a catch is super good.  even old man Lewis did better then that. 

Note: Sarcasm

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Ya 7 yards a catch is super good.  even old man Lewis did better then that. 

Note: Sarcasm

You watch any of him last year or just box score watching? 

Ifyou seriously think ASJ, especially at this point in both of there careers, should be paid less than what he is/what Marcedes is making, then, well, that's ridiculous.

Dude played for the Jets last year with trash at QB. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You watch any of him last year or just box score watching? 

Ifyou seriously think ASJ, especially at this point in both of there careers, should be paid less than what he is/what Marcedes is making, then, well, that's ridiculous.

Dude played for the Jets last year with trash at QB. 

Lewis played with the jags with a very inconsistent Blake Bortles last year. 

i feel like yall overating ASJ as a player. 

his 4 years of Stats

idc how old/Young he is but the fact and Matter is ASJ is just a guy. i would rather draft a TE in round 1 like Gesicki and let lewis teach him up in the blocking area then sign an average TE who cant stay on the field much and hasnt really been productive on the field when hes on it. 

26 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Lewis played with the jags with a very inconsistent Blake Bortles last year. 

i feel like yall overating ASJ as a player. 

his 4 years of Stats

idc how old/Young he is but the fact and Matter is ASJ is just a guy. i would rather draft a TE in round 1 like Gesicki and let lewis teach him up in the blocking area then sign an average TE who cant stay on the field much and hasnt really been productive on the field when hes on it. 

He had an alcohol addiction. Watch the video in the thread.

He didn't work out. He didn't care. He drank himself to thinking about suicide at one point.

The guy got paid 4.5M. I'm not overrating him. That's a great contract for a young TE with solid upside. He showed very good things in essentially his first season committed to football. Your damn right I'm excited about his potential.i remember him in college.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He had an alcohol addiction. Watch the video in the thread.

He didn't work out. He didn't care. He drank himself to thinking about suicide at one point.

The guy got paid 4.5M. I'm not overrating him. That's a great contract for a young TE with solid upside. He showed very good things in essentially his first season committed to football. Your damn right I'm excited about his potential.i remember him in college.

I think this is what people miss about ASJ.  He was every bit as good as prospect, if not better, than any of the TE this year (with possible exception of Gesicki if you really are looking at pass catching).

The dude had issues and it obviously contributed to his lack of production.

And I'm sorry, if Lewis was complaining about money at this point in his career?  Good riddance to him. 

This was during his Tampa days, but if you watch this and dont think this guy has more talent than Lewis does (especially at this point), then I'm not sure what you're watching.

Not saying the offensive "genius" running this offense will ever send him deep (I mean, Corey Grant is still asking why he doesnt get more touches), but this is the kind of talent ASJ has.

https://youtu.be/2LU48OXU1_A

Archived