Jaguars cut Mercedes Lewis

49erurtaza

I thought this was surprising until I checked out what he's done.  He hasn't had more than 25 receptions in a season since 2012.  He's averaged 21 catches a season over the past five years and has had 12 touchdowns over that same time. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I thought this was surprising until I checked out what he's done.  He hasn't had more than 25 receptions in a season since 2012.  He's averaged 21 catches a season over the past five years and has had 12 touchdowns over that same time. 

They also picked ip ASJ

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

From understanding he's been more of a blocking TE these days.

40 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Including 3 in a single game last year lol (against Baltimore) 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He's always been a blocking TE, trying to bail out our typically terrible OL 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

i would say 4th best behind Norwell and Cam Robinson. ASJ is Overated. 

ASJ got a contract that is 2 yrs, with only 1 year being guaranteed at 4.5M and he's overrated? Sure...

Your only argument is the guy averaged 7 ypc in 2017. Great, hardly makes what your saying reasonable unless you have more factual reasons for saying this in every thread he gets brought up in.

That aside and back to Marcedes, not enthused about letting a leader like that walk out the door but if he was threatening to sit out camp if he didn't get a pay raise I get it.

Would be a great in line TE to replace the retired CJ Fiedorowitz - and a good influence on the younger offensive players on the team. Could be an alternate RZ option for Watson, too. Given the team really doesn't have a T you feel comfortable with, I'd be OK bringing him in on a 3 year deal, while drafting a young guy to slowly work into his spot. Pay him a bit more than he's worth, let him get a heftier check than his production warrants - Texans have a good situation capwise for a while.

I'm sure playing Jax 2x would be enticing to him as well.  

Archived