Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Hello friends. Is this what is was like to watch the annual Eagles QB controversies? Glad we passed that baton off :P

Is that why you guys traded us McNabb?! You dirty, no-good rotten scoundrels!

Kirk was interviewed on WJFK today. Interesting: Kirk said that his first preference was to re-sign with Washington but he didn't send a counteroffer back to the Redskins after the draft because he wanted to see what the state of the franchise is after this season. He said the AAV for the contract wasn't what matter, but that the guaranteed money was an issue (given that it was only $0.3M more than what he's going to get with this year and next year's tags).

Firing Bruce Allen and getting a competent GM would likely go a long way to keeping him.

14 hours ago, Woz said:

Precisely. Although we still had Kolb, Vick, Foles, Bradford, and probably some others I'm missing to keep us busy at the QB position O.o
Though the Kirk saga is a bit different since it's more about his relationship with the organization, while the Eagles ones were about football ability.

So more Kirk Cousins stuff eh? Well, we dont think he is the future of the franchise considering he has been in the like the top 3 of all franchise QB's the last 2 seasons or some craziness like that. So. Bruce Allen is the biggest genius there is and Dan Snyder must be getting some under the desk presents somewhere from him to consider Allen to still have a job. Allen is making Cerrato look like a strategist. 

This is all just crap, testing out the new site. 

Bruce Allen is trying to outsmart himself just like all front office execs do at times. He's trying to get Kirk for cheaper than what Kirk can get somewhere else. I don't think the Redskins are too worried about having to pay Kirk on one year deals and Kirk has said the same so far.

Hopefully we have a good or great season, the font office continues to show Kirk love like I've heard they've done more of this offseason than in the past and then next February we finally get something done.

No matter what happens I think we'll be fine eventually but if Kirk leaves, it will probably be a bit of a bumpy ride on offense the first few years w/o him. Hopefully by the 3rd year w/o him we have a qb developed or if we pick one up in free agency that guy's throwing for 4,000 plus yards and 25 plus TDs by then.

I still say McCoy can be a around a 4,000 yard qb or just over and throw for 20 something TDs but he isn't Cousins as far as arm talent and deep passing ability. Mccoy is a bigger competitor and better playmaker though and that's worth something like it was vs the Cowboys & Colts in 2014 when he threw for 299 yds at Dallas in the win and nearly 400 yds at Indy.

if our D became top 5 & run game top 10 while Colt would be at qb who knows, maybe we'd be a playoff team then too.

On 7/18/2017 at 12:14 AM, Woz said:

I know this isn't a popular option amongst Redskins Nation but I'm still in McNabb's camp dating back to 2010. If you have a vet qb who's done things a certain way since he was drafted a decade before, you let that qb do what he does even if you as a coach don't agree because you want your players to practice a certain way.

In 2010, it's amazing the Redskins even won 6 games. We had the worst receiving core I can think of that year, our OL was bad except for Trent - who was a rookie - and our defense was in the 1st year of the 3-4 because Shanahan wanted to play that scheme. 

Looking back on that now - and even then - I still think McNabb should have been retained as our starter. Especially when you consider how everything turned out with RG3 in 2013/14. 

If we had not cut Mcnabb, I don't think we would have trade up for RG3 and so we would have picked 6th and probably taken Tanehill or  Luke Kuekley or traded down and then next drafted Cousins or Wilson in round 2 or 3 as our Qb to develop for the future.

Anyways, that's what I think of the McNabb trade. He made a horrible roster at least competitive in 2010 and in 2011 w/ the top 15 defense we had we may have pushed for a playoff spot if McNabb was still our qb. And if that happens, we don't even trad3 up for RG3 (the Browns probably draft him). Then, we take Tanehill @ 6 or wait to take Cousins or Russell Wilson as a young qb to develop in round 2 or 3.

On 7/18/2017 at 0:14 AM, Woz said:

I know this isn't a popular option amongst Redskins Nation but I'm still in McNabb's camp dating back to 2010. If you have a vet qb who's done things a certain way since he was drafted a decade before, you let that qb do what he does even if you as a coach don't agree because you want your players to practice a certain way.

In 2010, it's amazing the Redskins even won 6 games. We had the worst receiving core I can think of that year, our OL was bad except for Trent - who was a rookie - and our defense was in the 1st year of the 3-4 because Shanahan wanted to play that scheme. 

Looking back on that now - and even then - McNabb should have been retained imo. 

Archived