Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

IMO all the "Trading Kirk" talk is just to get clicks on the internet.It  just isn't going to happen, it's a fun thing to talk about but most of the teams in the NFL have the Qbs they want for the season and they're not going to trade for a qb who's going to make $24 million and there's no guarantee he re-signs with them next season. If Kirk doesn't re-sign with us we'll eventually get a Comp pick for him anyways. Trading him for something like that now just doesn't make sense when in time we'll get it anyways. Keeping Kirk, possibly having a good or even great season with him and then all sides will want a long term deal in Feb of 2018 is a much better plan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not that it's News but here's what McCloughan said about the Cousins situation. He also said yesterday on NFl Sirius when I was listening that he felt they did make a mistake not locking up Cousins in 2015 or after the 2015 season. 

He also said that all Qbs need great weapons and players around them to succeed. He said he felt they Kirk definitely needed great players around him to be great. Then he went on to say that some of the greatest Qbs of all time have lifted other players up and done it more on their own but by the way he said it, he didn't feel Kirk was that kind of Qb.

Firing Scot was monumentally stupid. He would've turned this ship around. All the hope I had when he was hired is gone. We're back to square one. And no, Kirk is not going to be with the redskins next year. He's as good as gone. 

On 7/27/2017 at 10:49 PM, jrry32 said:

I truly don't understand what the Redskins are thinking here.

Are you still a Rams fan dude? Not trying to pick a fight just honestly wondering what I'd do if put in the same situation...

And we all feel the same way. We have no idea what they're thinking? 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Firing Scot was monumentally stupid. He would've turned this ship around. All the hope I had when he was hired is gone. We're back to square one. And no, Kirk is not going to be with the redskins next year. He's as good as gone. 

Let's hope that Allen, Doug Williams and company can continue us on the path that Scot started and what they did this offseason. Scot said in Sirius the interview that Doug Williams was his man in terms of scouting Qbs. He'd have Doug watch them, take notes and then tell Scot about what he saw. Then, they'd go over the tape together of the prospects.

From what Scot was saying on Sirius, it sounds like his top scouts and people like Williams should have learned a lot by just being around Scot, working with him and learning how he scouted players.

Archived