Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Ol is going to be the same as last year. Good in pass protection and average to poor in the run game. I really don't see that changing.

As for Qbs, there should be many prospects worth drafting, even in the teens and late in round 1, let a lone other rounds. We don't have to have a top 10 pick to get a good prospect.

Um, considering the teams that need a QB, and how likely they are to be at the top of the draft, our prospect of getting a Darnold, Allen or Rosen are slim to none. 

I absolutely do not want RGIII 2.0 with Jackson. 

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Um, considering the teams that need a QB, and how likely they are to be at the top of the draft, our prospect of getting a Darnold, Allen or Rosen are slim to none. 

Teams that need a starting QB right now:

• Jacksonville
  • NY Jets
  • San Francisco

Teams that could likely need a starting QB after the season:

• Buffalo
  • Minnesota
  • Washington

Teams that might need a starting QB (possibility of retirements/major injuries, consider these in the 0-20% range but still possible):

• Arizona
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • New England
  • New Orleans (Brees is probably 2nd on this list)
  • New York Giants
  • Pittsburgh (Roethlisberger is probably the highest on this list)

So, let's ignore the third category because if they do need a starting QB, things probably went seriously wrong in their season and their up at the top of the draft. Further, let's assume that Kirk leaves because if he doesn't, then there's no point to this line of thinking. I think we can all agree that he likely heads to San Francisco, thus taking them off the list.

Thus, we have two teams that have question marks at QB. In the Vikings case, they have two QBs both of whom are in the last year of their contracts (though it is an open question whether Teddy Bridgewater's will toll or not, thus keeping in purple for one more year). If Bradford plays well, I think Vikings will move to re-sign him and lock him down. If he doesn't or (more likely) gets hurt again, then it will depend on whether Bridgewater can come back. If he does, they re-sign him (I think they'll try to avoid tolling his contract and creating that bad blood ... i.e. what a competent franchise would do).

Buffalo's path is a bit more muddy. Taylor is under contract but only until after 2018 (there are three bogus years for accounting purposes; his contract auto-voids after the 2018 season). If Taylor plays well, I could see keeping him and then doing something about his contract in 2018. If he doesn't, they can cut him after this year and take on 8.64M in dead cap. That's painful but not unbearable. Also, they did draft arguably one of the better late round QBs in Nathan Peterman. If they are really stinking up the joint, the Bills might want to take a look at what Peterman can do when the bullets are live; he was somewhat poor in the preseason, with only a strong performance in game 4 to make his overall preseason look meh.

If I had to call it, I would say Buffalo is looking but Minnesota wouldn't be.

So, that puts us in a competition with three teams: NY Jets (if they're not drafting in the top 5, Todd Bowles is an absolute coaching god), Jacksonville (they're done with the Bortles experiment), and Buffalo. At that point, it all comes down to record.

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

I absolutely do not want RGIII 2.0 with Jackson. 

Neither do I, but there are other Qbs who  have some talent that will be available.

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2017 at 4:39 PM, RSkinGM said:

O M G, pun fully intended. Can this guy get his grandma's conversion van, pick up the buy named Sue,  and head outta Dodge .. They can sing Kumbaya together .

https://t.co/K5psKlSvJs

Nothing better that a religious nut to stay focused and out of trouble as an NFL QB.  Don't want him any other way and this comes from a guy that thinks religions are humanity's...... ah I will leave it at that, I don't want the mods getting itch trigger fingers.  :)

13 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

He needs the deal we are winning games with him at QB.

time for us to invest on him he doesn't get injured and he plays pretty well. He might start out slow but he will get into momentium .

Considering his most consistent WR this year is Ryan Grant, I think it just proves that Kirk is worth the $. Doctson and Pryor have struggled to get open but then, Kirk has missed them some as well still, they don’t get open enough and that’s why Kirk is forced to throw to the TEs & Thompson more. I do think Kirk has to do a better job of using Crowder. Crowder should be our #1 wr, he should be getting 5 receptions a game, he needs more targets.

For the first time in many years , The redskins can become Super Bowl contenders .

our defense needs to adjust better and we need to make a trade for a WR or RB to give us the one piece to really go to the super bowl.

Thoughts ? There isn't any Super Bowl dominating team this year .

Archived