Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sure he was top 10, definitely top 12.

I’m not saying we won’t draft a qb and it won’t work I just don’t think it’s likely, the probability is not high. 

I also don’t know why you insist on creating a problem when we have the problem solved. We have an answer at QB, no need in creating a hole there. Keep your good qb who’s been trending upwards for 5 years and continue to build around him through the draft and with targeted FAs to fill your few holes. Re-sign your own and go forward.

Lol Kirk not top ten and even out side of that Ten I'd take Watson/Newton / /. Possibly Keenum this year . Carr I didn't see a lot this season.

smith vs Kirk is a debate .

41 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol Kirk not top ten and even out side of that Ten I'd take Watson/Newton / /. Possibly Keenum this year . Carr I didn't see a lot this season.

smith vs Kirk is a debate .

None of those QBs are better pocket passers over the last 3 seasons. Their teams have been better though. We should strive for getting a running game and continuing to build a good defense through the draft and free agency. Having to replace Kirk is a step back in the Redskins building a perennial playoff team.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

None of those QBs are better pocket passers over the last 3 seasons. Their teams have been better though. We should strive for getting a running game and continuing to build a good defense through the draft and free agency. Having to replace Kirk is a step back in the Redskins building a perennial playoff team.

Pocket passers or not there better than him . Newton racked up 720 yards rushing 6 touchdowns dude , that man doesn't get enough credit . 

And kirk actually would hold us back from going further in the playoffs . His money will prevent us from potentially signing depth and a starting play maker .

again why can't a rookie do it ? Watson was destroying teams untill his injury came . I don't see why guys like Jackson or Mayfield can get us 17 touchdowns next year ?

i mean if keeping Kirk mans a playoff birth than okay . But he is like what SM said isn't a special player .

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Pocket passers or not there better than him . Newton racked up 720 yards rushing 6 touchdowns dude , that man doesn't get enough credit . 

And kirk actually would hold us back from going further in the playoffs . His money will prevent us from potentially signing depth and a starting play maker .

again why can't a rookie do it ? Watson was destroying teams untill his injury came . I don't see why guys like Jackson or Mayfield can get us 17 touchdowns next year ?

i mean if keeping Kirk mans a playoff birth than okay . But he is like what SM said isn't a special player .

No, just NO! Why don’t you listen?

Signing Kirk long term lowers his cap hit and could be structured in a way where he will cost less than he even cost in 2016. Aka, under a $20 million cap hit. That means we’ll have an extra 4 to 8 million to sign another speedy WR, RBor NT and the salary cap is going up $10 million.

Oh, and Kirk led the team in rushing TDs last year with 4 - not too far behind Newton eventhough he didn’t have as many carries - and Kirk had 4 rushing TDs in 2016 and he also led us in rushing TDs in 2015 with 5.

Kirk already got us a division championship once despite an awful defense and running game and nearly had us in the playoffs last year despite the same and despite our FG kicker missing 8 kicks and a makeable game winner vs Cincinnati.

17 TDs? Lol that’s pitiful, I would hope our starting qb has more than 17 TDs next year. If Pryor, Crowder, Davis and Doctson hadn’t each dropped a TD or 2, Cousins would have had over 30 passing TDs and maybe as many as 35 passing TDs to go with his 4 rushing TDs.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

No, just NO! Why don’t you listen?

Signing Kirk long term lowers his cap hit and could be structured in a way where he will cost less than he even cost in 2016. Aka, under a $20 million cap hit. That means we’ll have an extra 4 to 8 million to sign another speedy WR, RBor NT and the salary cap is going up $10 million.

Oh, and Kirk led the team in rushing TDs last year with 4 - not too far behind Newton eventhough he didn’t have as many carries - and Kirk had 4 rushing TDs in 2016 and he also led us in rushing TDs in 2015 with 5.

Kirk already got us a division championship once despite an awful defense and running game and nearly had us in the playoffs last year despite the same and despite our FG kicker missing 8 kicks and a makeable game winner vs Cincinnati.

17 TDs? Lol that’s pitiful, I would hope our starting qb has more than 17 TDs next year. If Pryor, Crowder, Davis and Doctson hadn’t each dropped a TD or 2, Cousins would have had over 30 passing TDs and maybe as many as 35 passing TDs to go with his 4 rushing TDs.

Wow turtle u beat me again .

i wish I could take you out and whine and dine you to the Cheesecake Factory. In honor of defeating me .

hows that sounds man ? Me u at the Cheesecake Factory at Annapolis mall Maryland . 

3 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Cousins is all of that: nerdy, obsessive, frugal. And yet that portrait, while vivid, is incomplete. It misses 

why he is all those things. It fails to account for how he turned a career of low expectations into an experiment that, come March, could earn him the largest contract in NFL history. Football pundits can argue about how good the 29-year-old is. But they can’t argue that he’s not as good as he can be.

Which brings us back to the office. On a desktop sits a small computer monitor on which Cousins analyzes opponents’ film. Opposite that is a whiteboard crowded with diagrams of new plays scribbled below lists—so many lists—of tasks to complete and books to read and important points to remember. There’s a bin, underneath the desk, below the whiteboard cleaner, containing game plans and manila folders overstuffed with notes dating to 2010, when he was still at Michigan State. “There’s gotta be 50 folders in there,” Cousins says, beaming with pride.

The accountant-athlete spends hours each week inside this cubicle, which speaks to his—favorite-word alert—process, which megaphone-shouts to his singular obsession: not playing football, but getting ready for it. Former coach Mike Shanahan says he noticed that fixation immediately after the Redskins took Cousins in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL draft—exactly 100 picks after they used the No. 2 choice on QB Robert Griffin III. At the end of that summer’s training camp, with Griffin entrenched as the starter, Shanahan pulled Cousins aside. “With what you’ve shown me, you could have a Drew Brees-type career,” he told the backup. Cousins never forgot those words, an affirmation of his ethos. “Mike didn’t just show me that process matters,” Cousins says. “He showed me that my process works.”

What Julie’s doula didn’t understand, because rational minds don’t think this way, is that every single decision Kirk makes is aimed at football optimization. Those athletes who say Football doesn’t define me? Good for them. Cousins isn’t just a nerd. He’s a gridiron scientist, and the game absolutely does define him, even during the birth of his first child. “Process relaxes me,” he says.

Cousins is half QB, half biology experiment. He spends tens of thousands of dollars annually on saliva testing and brain training, tissue rejuvenation and blood work and massages. He sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber. He measures his deep sleep and his REM sleep; his hormone, adrenal and testosterone levels; his heart rate and his breathing. This season he started analyzing the left side of his brain, rather than both sides, because it controls his internal speech, the part of his brain he’s trying to calm.

It’s more than training, though. Cousins is a seeker, reader and planner. He wakes at sunrise and makes to-do lists that he giddily refers to as action plans. In college he decorated his bedroom with inspirational quotes from George Washington (Discipline is the soul of an army) and Muhammad Ali (The fight is won or lost ... long before I dance under those lights). And while, yes, plenty of players make lists and gather quotes, Cousins is different in how it all ties back to his career. His reading list skews toward quarterbacking (Gunslinger, about Brett Favre; Belichick and Brady), leadership (Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance) and—cough, franchise-tag money, cough—investment wisdom (Poor Charlie’s Almanack, by Warren Buffett’s business partner). Netflix and chill? Cousins does Netflix and leadership study, binging on documentaries about Martin Luther, Dale Carnegie and J.P. Morgan. His brother, Kyle, calls him a polymath. Feel free to look that up.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Blake Bortlles shows why you have to have quality at the QB position. Cousins may not be "special" but he is good.

It wasn't Bortles it was the D . I will say Kirk would of played better .

but regardless the Jags are much better than us .

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

It wasn't Bortles it was the D . I will say Kirk would of played better .

but regardless the Jags are much better than us .

Cousins is better than Bortles no doubt but you have to give credit to Bortles, I think he was 12 or 13 of 15 in the first half. He played well today. They have 4 good young wrs - even if Alan Robinson leaves - so their passing game should improve next years with him at the helm 

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cousins is better than Bortles no doubt but you have to give credit to Bortles, I think he was 12 or 13 of 15 in the first half. He played well today. They have 4 good young wrs - even if Alan Robinson leaves - so their passing game should improve next years with him at the helm 

They should trade for Eli Manning just in case . 

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

Blake Bortlles shows why you have to have quality at the QB position. Cousins may not be "special" but he is good.

Bortles played one of his best games against a stout defense. Kirk is definitely better than Bortles but Kirk wouldn't have beaten Brady either. Almost nobody does. The guy's been in the AFC championship half of his career. 

On 1/20/2018 at 3:22 PM, Dashing202 said:

Kirk isn't top ten this year , idk why you guys keep saying that . And turtle your kidding me ? There's been qbs that been proven to be good within there first or second season.

1516632297-U13096.png

Can you please tell me who is sitting there at #8? 

Kirk is a top 10 QB in this league. He was a top 10 QB in 2017, as referenced above. 

9 hours ago, mike23md said:

1516632297-U13096.png

Can you please tell me who is sitting there at #8? 

Kirk is a top 10 QB in this league. He was a top 10 QB in 2017, as referenced above. 

That’s not what my point was. I said it wasn’t likely and I meant especially given our history. Of course if Kirk is gone I want a qb taken high and I’d love for that qb to be amazing right away but it’s still unlikely that happens.

Archived