Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Wonder if he means the Transition Tag also ? Guess he'll just sign that and not deal with any other team . Man I pray we let him test the market.. If he goes he goes. Frankly, I'm in the group ( I may be a group of one :) ) I don't want him back at any price

Why?

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why?

I know ! WHY right? I don't think he's a winner. I know the defense has lost games they shoulda won but other teams have defenses to let them down and I see QB's take over and win.. I really turned on last year Giants -the win and in game,,that we lost, at home. Also his poor showings on Monday night games and prime time games etc . I guess it's more of a feeling than anything.. I just don't trust a guy that runs his days in 15 increments .. What if the wife isn't in the mood -- now what ? Can he go off schedule and make a play ? 

I really can't give a great explanation. If he's successful somewhere else --than God bless him ! I wish him no bad luck or harm. He is a fine human being but that don't pay the butcher.

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

I know ! WHY right? I don't think he's a winner. I know the defense has lost games they shoulda won but other teams have defenses to let them down and I see QB's take over and win.. I really turned on last year Giants -the win and in game,,that we lost, at home. Also his poor showings on Monday night games and prime time games etc . I guess it's more of a feeling than anything.. I just don't trust a guy that runs his days in 15 increments .. What if the wife isn't in the mood -- now what ? Can he go off schedule and make a play ? 

I really can't give a great explanation. If he's successful somewhere else --than God bless him ! I wish him no bad luck or harm. He is a fine human being but that don't pay the butcher.

See Im just sick and tired of the constant rebuilds.  The constant oh we're going to do it right this time blah blah.  Im sick of the constant coaching changes, and if Cousins leaves you can bet Gruden will be on the hot seat asap.  I'm sick of Bruce Allens crap, and I have no faith in him picking a new QB.  

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

What NFL qb in nfl history has won a lot a games without a good or great running back and without a good or great defense? 

I’ll hang up and listen to your answer off line. 

Oh, and every example you bring up, the entire team played like crap, not just Kirk. Asking Kirk to be perfect every game and that’s the only way we can win because the rest of the team is below average to poor in ridiculous.

Kirk went off schedule a lot this year and made plays. He ran for a lot of first downs, and he moved in the pocket and hit receivers, he also extended some plays to hit receivers who broke open late. He still needs to improve at the later but he did do better at that last year.

Lastly, you’re final sentence frustrates the hell out of me. You don’t like Kirk to be our qb, but seem to be perfectly fine with him leaving and being as successful or more than he has been here meanwhile the Redskins will be placed into qb purgatory again if Kirk is gone and who knows for how long because no one has a crystal ball that says any FA we sign or qb we draft will ever be as good as Kirk currently is.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If it happens, I hope we trade Kirk to the Broncos or Jets and get their first round pick in return. Then, we can take a young qb to develop and a defensive stud in round 1 and take a RB in round 2. We'll also have that extra $ in cap space to sign some good free agents like Zach Brown, a LG, WR and NT.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Where did you read that we couldn’t transition tag and trade Kirk again? because honestly the only person I’ve heard it from is you.

A transition tag is only a negotiation vehicle.  What are we going to trade to teams? The right to match another teams offer?  That is crazy.  Why would they trade for the right to match someone else’s offer when they can just make the offer them self?  

Heres the deal.  If we transition tag Cousins we have the right to match any contract but will receive no compensation if he leaves.  

If we Franchise Tag Cousins it can only be an exclusive tag agreement not non-exclusive (per cba rules must be non-exclusive for 3rd tag).  So theoretically we could trade him, but only under a 1-year $35 Mil deal and then team that trades for him CANNOT extend him.  Who’s going to trade for that?  The other option would be to extend Cousins then trade him, at which time his entire prorated signing bonus would hit our cap, which will probably be even more than $35 Mil. 

Trading Cousins is not an option.

we can either tag Cousins and let him play on a $35 Mil deal. 

We can sign Cousins to a long term extension (which after his comments today doesn’t seem likely).

or we let Cousins go in FA and get a 3rd round comp pick.  

Those are the options Bruce Allen has left us with.

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

A transition tag is only a negotiation vehicle.  What are we going to trade to teams? The right to match another teams offer?  That is crazy.  Why would they trade for the right to match someone else’s offer when they can just make the offer them self?  

Heres the deal.  If we transition tag Cousins we have the right to match any contract but will receive no compensation if he leaves.  

If we Franchise Tag Cousins it can only be an exclusive tag agreement not non-exclusive (per cba rules must be non-exclusive for 3rd tag).  So theoretically we could trade him, but only under a 1-year $35 Mil deal and then team that trades for him CANNOT extend him.  Who’s going to trade for that?  The other option would be to extend Cousins then trade him, at which time his entire prorated signing bonus would hit our cap, which will probably be even more than $35 Mil. 

We can sign Cousins to a long term extension (which after his comments today doesn’t seem likely).

So what your saying is will get a third pick for cousins .

That's better than nothing I'll take a third for Kirk . 

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m sorry to do this, but again, I’ve never read this anywhere but from you saying it. I asked, where did you read this? Because I haven’t but I took you word for it in this thread or another because I assumed you had read it or heard it somewhere.

Archived