Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

31 minutes ago, Eric said:

I hope Alex Smith tears it up, then we can revisit all the stuiped trade discussion. Some of you guys act like we can't win without cousins.

The argument is that we're stuck at 7-9 for perpetuity. Kirk's ceiling was higher, so either we make the jump with him or try again with someone younger. Not a 34 year old who had a career year.

It is possible to do a quick turnaround - see the Eagles this year for example. 

12 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

So in that respect Ryan Kerrigan's W/L record is??

Want to go through every player on the roster?

Because I sure as he'l remember Cousins bringing us from behind in a number of games, just to watch the defense give it away (or WR drop the ball in the EZ a la Doctson).

My point still stands. You can judge a QB by a whole host of numbers. Doing so via W/L ignores the 21 other players that have a huge role in that win.

For example. You were hung up on Bortles having a postseason victory. He played like garbage. And was bailed out by the rest of the team. And yet, you would point to the W/L record instead of looking at how the QB aactually played. Bottles did next to nothing to win the game. And yet, he gets credited for a "win"??

I still stand by the fact that W/L records are team records. Not individual ones. It' logically inconsistent to argue otherwise.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That's fine, I get that opinion.  The problem is Alex Smith is EXACTLY that kind of QB too, he's already 34 years old, on a $91 mil contract extension and we gave up a 3rd round pick and a really good CB for him.  

And to top it off, until last year Kirk was tops or near tops in "air yards".

So the QB that has made a career of dumpoffs and short throws...is actually the QB we just traded for.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Man, c'mon.. that's just not true. WTH did Smith do to you? He's a great dude... hard worker. Every player and coach speaks with genuine appreciation of him. He's not elite, but FFS, neither was the last Redskins' QB that so many are pining over still. Neither has shown the ability to carry a team to the Lombardi, and they shouldn't have to. Upgrade the weak spots, stay healthy, and then either could get the job done. 

If you hate your F/O... think they are screwups..  I get that, but there's no need to misdirect that frustration onto Smith. 

They drafted Mahomes last year and he didn't really play that much.

Smith was due 17m this year and they dumped him for an unproven QB. You tell me. Does that sound like they couldn't wait to get rid of him? Does to me

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Then draft our own QB.  What point is there in trying to win 7 to 9 games this year?  What point is there to trade for a 34 year old QB when you aren't a Super Bowl contender?  We'd also still have Fuller and our 3rd round pick.  

So much this ^^^.

And for @Woz and I, there would be a honeymoon phase for the QB. Which would keep the flaming to a minimum 

Instead we're going to get a weekly referendum on Smith for the next 3 years.

It doesn't matter what our record was last year or the year before. It doesn't matter what kind of money we could offer him. HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE!!! So let him go, let the infatuation with him go, he's gone, left town, outta here, ain't coming back. I will not support or side with a player that does not want to play for the Redskins. I'm a fan of Washington before and after a player has been here and always will be. Disagree if you want with some decisions made and be a fan. Continually bash every little thing this team does, you might as well go pull for another team. There's 31 other ones out there.

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

It doesn't matter what our record was last year or the year before. It doesn't matter what kind of money we could offer him. HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE!!! So let him go, let the infatuation with him go, he's gone, left town, outta here, ain't coming back. I will not support or side with a player that does not want to play for the Redskins. I'm a fan of Washington before and after a player has been here and always will be. Disagree if you want with some decisions made and be a fan. Continually bash every little thing this team does, you might as well go pull for another team. There's 31 other ones out there.

Just because Kirk Cousins wanted to leave doesn't mean we had to trade for Alex Smith.  

18 minutes ago, Eric said:

I like to think of my fanhood as that of a parent. If my child is out getting DUIs, hanging with seedy characters, and making bad trades for mediocre QBs I'm upset with them. I'm going to tell them in no uncertain terms that the status quo is unacceptable, and that they need to re-evaluate their choices. With that said, I'm always going to love them, and we'll forever be connected,  I'm not going to go out and get a new kid.

55 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

So in that respect Ryan Kerrigan's W/L record is??

Want to go through every player on the roster?

Because I sure as he'l remember Cousins bringing us from behind in a number of games, just to watch the defense give it away (or WR drop the ball in the EZ a la Doctson).

My point still stands. You can judge a QB by a whole host of numbers. Doing so via W/L ignores the 21 other players that have a huge role in that win.

For example. You were hung up on Bortles having a postseason victory. He played like garbage. And was bailed out by the rest of the team. And yet, you would point to the W/L record instead of looking at how the QB aactually played. Bottles did next to nothing to win the game. And yet, he gets credited for a "win"??

I still stand by the fact that W/L records are team records. Not individual ones. It' logically inconsistent to argue otherwise.

You are comparing an OLB to a QB now? Whether or not you like it, Quarterbacks are ranked on whether or not "they win games" of course they dont do it themselves, but that doesn't change the fact that they get credit for "the win."

Blake Bortles and his team put 45 points on the Steelers, he threw no interceptions and was sacked five times. You can call his performance hot garbage all you want, but "he" did enough to get the W.

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Just because Kirk Cousins wanted to leave doesn't mean we had to trade for Alex Smith.  

This is what I think many are failing to understand.

My issue  isn't with Smith. I think he's a downgrade. And those trying to sell me on a QB who is a step down are wasting their time.

No, my issue is with a FO that never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Now, come week 1, will I be cheering for him? Yes. He's a Redskin.

But just because he's a Redskins doesn' mean I'm going to ignore how badly our FO operates.

And if by some miracle we win a SB with Alex, I'll never be happier to be proven wrong. So far my track record of prediction of our acquisitions has been pretty good,though

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You are comparing an OLB to a QB now? Whether or not you like it, Quarterbacks are ranked on whether or not "they win games" of course they dont do it themselves, but that doesn't change the fact that they get credit for "the win."

Blake Bortles and his team put 45 points on the Steelers, he threw no interceptions and was sacked five times. You can call his performance hot garbage all you want, but "he" did enough to get the W.

The hot garbage game I'm  referring to was the Bills game. He got bailed out and gets credited for a Win. 

"Of course they don't do it themselves"

So then it's a team stat. Like I said.

28 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The hot garbage game I'm  referring to was the Bills game. He got bailed out and gets credited for a Win. 

"Of course they don't do it themselves"

So then it's a team stat. Like I said.

It's both. You can argue it all you want, but they keep stats for it.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

This is basically what I've been saying from the start. Why people keep saying "the redskins had to do this" is beyond me? Nothing about this move was sensible. This was the same stupid thing they've been doing for years.

Archived