Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not as dumb as Minnesota will be considered, when all Is said & done.

Minnesota has a better qb than they did last year, their entire team returning and Dalvin Cook returning off injury. They’re definitely a playoff team again next year and are going to be a super bowl contender. The packers may have Aaron Rodgers, but the Vikings have the better “TEAM.” And teams win championships, not any one player.

Treadwell hasn’t done much for them since they drafted him, I wouldn’t be surprised if he breaks out this year now that he has a better and more consistent qb throwing him the ball just like some Redskins receivers magically got better when Cousins took over for RG3 as our starting qb.

Djax & Garcon weren’t as good w/ RG3 as they were when Kirk took over as the starter in 2015.

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

I like Keenum, I really don't see where Cousins is better. Not saying he's worse, just don't really see the upgrade. Keenum was playing with no pressure. Lots of money can create pressure 

I think Cousins is more consistently better.  If you’re comparing Cousins to how Keenum played last year, no it’s probably not an upgrade but I don’t think they got worse at QB either.  But Keenum was really playing well above what’s he’s historically shown he can do.  I’m betting he comes back down to earth this year.

Cousins is a more consistent player who delivers the ball in rhythm. Keenum plays a lot of school yard type football at times. Keenum reminds me of a Colt McCoy type qb, he’s capable but never going to be top 1/2 of the league because of his physical limitations.

Keenum was good last year but Cousins has consistently been better than Keenum. There’s also the fact that the Minnesota running game and D helped Keenum Son games - Kirk didnt have that luxury in Dc - it was on him and his receivers to win the game. If they had a down team, they had no chance to win. 

Now that Kirk has more support, pressure will be off him and he has a 3-year deal which helps instead of being on a 1-year deal which he played on in 2015, 16 & 17.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I think Cousins is more consistently better.  If you’re comparing Cousins to how Keenum played last year, no it’s probably not an upgrade but I don’t think they got worse at QB either.  But Keenum was really playing well above what’s he’s historically shown he can do.  I’m betting he comes back down to earth this year.

Keenum benefited from one of the best supporting casts in the entire NFL, just like Wentz/Foles of the Eagles. Cousins often times has to try to overcome no running game, inconsistent WRs and a poor defense. Keenum on the other hand was greatly helped by a good running game, two good consistent WRs and a great defense.

Guys, while I love a good Cousins debate as much as the next person, the fact is that he is now a Minnesota Viking. And since that is the case, I think we should wind this down so that we can focus on the players, coaches, and front office who are still here.

However, I am leaving @Woz the prerogative of opening it back up if he wants to (since he was the OP).

This was the first thread created in the Washington Redskins forum during the change over to the new forum software. Allowed me to mess around with forum controls before we went live.

giphy.gif

On 3/18/2018 at 12:42 PM, Thaiphoon said:

However, I am leaving @Woz the prerogative of opening it back up if he wants to (since he was the OP).

PlayfulCoolBlackbird-size_restricted.gif

OXR5E.gif

Archived